New PC results

USNRET

I'm there now myself. Just finished uploading all 40,000 plus songs from the cd. If you can make sure you defragment the drive for smoother playback.

I did leave my Avast "on" just in case and haven't had any issues with music stopping,pausing, or anything.

Weird that I had two Western Digital HDDs in the old PC that reported as failed. I installed them in the new PC and they worked fine with no errors. The new 1TB HDD that I bought was not recognized, perhaps that as due to me dropping it from about 4 feet unto a tile floor prior to install.

I only have the 1 external WD 1TB drive at this point. I may get another.

On the doubles, you should be able to use JRiver to get rid of them. Ask Joesportster how to do it, he knows better than I do.

I know on my end when I uploaded originally they were in ,WAV and WMA. I took JRiver and converted what I originally had done in those formats to FLAC and in the drop down menu there's a setting to remove copies of the same file.

I was wondering about that PC build, because you had listed your parts list for that rocketship quite some time ago.

What I liked about latency tests numbers you posted were two things, the temps of your CPU and box, and the low RPM of your fans. 

That computer will last a long time with those numbers (I like the temp for the case to be under 100 degrees yours was at 91) and case looks to be super quiet with those low RPM numbers (your 3 case fans were all close to 650).

Edited by wvu80

I have 4 drives with music files on board. Would love to know how to combine into one drive set aside for music and not have duplicates

iTunes takes care of duplicates (as long as they are really copies in multiple folders) by giving you a choice to merge. There might be like software to provide similar functionality. This is only good if you know all multiple copies have same name and they are equal in quality.