Opus be Praised

eth2

Opus let me know about an RC-64II for $400. Just spoke with the seller. It is one year old and he knows its value. Just want to sell it and his tower speakers. So I got the RC-64II.

Thanks, OPUS!

You got the RC-64 you didn't want and didn't need?  :)

Last I heard, you were cutting back on speaker purchases to fully fund the fuel for your jet.  That momentary declaration of self-control didn't even last a week.

All that means Earl, is that you are the man we all think you are.  :D:PB)

+++

Edit:  BTW, nice find, and yes, I'm extremely jealous.  :lol:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Earl chimed in on this Forum a month after i did, i was very much into doing just exactly what he is still doing now.

Traveling a 1K Radius it was open season baby, anything i wanted whether needed or not.

My ONLY savior was one single Goal, Achieve a system iv wanted since childhood, within reason, that would indeed pizz of a neighbor :emotion-21:

Earl has his pretty much achieved his system(s) and now fine tuning his TT adventure IMO.

Had i not gone Digital, i would be where Earl is now and still going.

There is NO stopping Earl, and he has my respect like NO one else.

Everyone here knows after Buying/Trying speakers/Amps, we all know a deal when we see it whether we need it or not :smile:

And that my Friends is the Curse of Fine Audio.    Cheers Earl  :emotion-46:   May you never run out of Money/gas.

P.S. Jweber is the man who i would thank, the wife's Khorns for $999 and he gave me the heads up, 16hours later i had them crankin in my living room.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Minermark hit it right on.

Originally I did not know what I wanted. After auditioning many combos, I decided on a few speaker typs, tubes, and a few different types of preamps. I sold, or am selling the rest.

WHAT I DECIDED UPON:

1. Primary system - Khorns, RC-64II center, VRD's, NBS preamp, Wyred 4 sound2 DAC, Scout 2 TT.
2. Secondary - Cornscalas, Heresy center, VAC Pa90(e) mono block amp, Cary pre, Benchmark I DAC
3. Bedroom - Forte II, Heresy center, Quicksilver mid mono block amps, Parasound 2100 preamp.
4. Study - LaScalas, VAC 100/100, Krell preamp, Cambridge DACplus.

(In reserve - 1 set of Heresys and BOSE 901s!!!)

SELLING;
KLF-30's (just sold). These are great speakers but are really rock oriented in IMHO.

LaScala's (second set) $900 with recently rebuilt Crites crossovers, Refinished by me, cabinets. I will send pictures to anyone interested so they can determine if they like them OR Unfinished Birch (newer) $1.200. I just want one pair.

Cornwalls - beautiful examples. ($850)

Crites Tweeters w/ mounting brackets for newer Khorns (these can be removed for older Khorns) - Just bought them but prefer my 77m's. ($155 shipping included)

Edited by eth2
  • Like 2

Opus let me know about an RC-64II for $400. Just spoke with the seller. It is one year old and he knows its value. Just want to sell it and his tower speakers. So I got the RC-64II.

Thanks, OPUS!

He put me onto the RC64 that you picked up and shipped to me.

Thank you Both :)

Opus not only is a straight shooter, he is a good guy--unselfish and kind!

More than most know.

P.S. Jweber is the man who i would thank, the wife's Khorns for $999 and he gave me the heads up, 16hours later i had them crankin in my living room.

You're welcome. This forum can be a great place.

• Like 1

Primary system - Khorns, RC-64II center, VRD's, NBS preamp, Wyred 4 sound2 DAC, Scout 2 TT.

Reference center between Heritage mains?  Is this HT mostly? 

The electronics look to be mostly geared toward 2 channel so why the center?

Why is a center in a two channel system so strange?

Because it would be a 3 channel at that point.  Where does it get it's signal from if you only have a L and R channel output from your amp and source?  I'm mostly just curious.