USPS - Lost in Space

eth2

I bought a DAC on March 14th from a seller just across the border in Canada. It took four days to cross the border and be turned over to USPS from Canada Post. OK, I understand a delay in crossing the border. From that time on, (four days) there is no update on the USPS tracking system. It appears that it is still in Chicago; the place it first arrived in the U.S.

Another triumph for government protected and financed business.

I bought a DAC on March 14th from a seller just across the border in Canada. It took four days to cross the border and be turned over to USPS from Canada Post. OK, I understand a delay in crossing the border. From that time on, (four days) there is no update on the USPS tracking system. It appears that it is still in Chicago; the place it first arrived in the U.S.

Another triumph for government protected and financed business.

Since Opus is in the Chicago area, I would suspect he has something to do with this delay.  He's probably doing some "quality assurance" on the unit.....

• Like 2

FYI:  tracking info for usps or fedex & ups etc is not always updated daily.  many times the last update is when it arrived at a major hub, like chicago.  the package could very well be in route to you & just not have been scanned by the person(s) handling it.  its not an hourly or daily type thing.  ive had many packages that were scanned at pickup then never updated untill it was at my door, then it would show delivered...

& no offense intended, but the government has nothing to do with the scanning & tracking of millions of packages that get shipped on a daily basis, this happens for privately owned shippers too.  its not obamas fault.  ;)

Edited by klipschfancf4

& no offense intended, but the government has noting to do with the scanning & tracking of millions of packages that get shipped on a daily basis, this happens for privately owned shippers too. its not obamas fault.

When competition is removed (as when the government sets up a monopoly and then funds an inefficient enterprise) the public suffers. In the case of USPS the government has set up a monopoly, at least as to mail delivery, an then pumps untold millions into keeping it afloat.

& no offense intended, but the government has noting to do with the scanning & tracking of millions of packages that get shipped on a daily basis, this happens for privately owned shippers too. its not obamas fault.

When competition is removed (as when the government sets up a monopoly and then funds an inefficient enterprise) the public suffers. In the case of USPS the government has set up a monopoly, at least as to mail delivery, an then pumps untold millions into keeping it afloat.

not doubting that goverment interjection can have its downfalls,  but to blame the gov'ment for your package not being tracked properly makes no sense at all.  private shippers do the same thing & obama didnt have anything to do with that.... even before usps had its financial problems that the government bailed them out of, they still had occasional delivery & tracking issues.  so is the government really to blame here? 

actually to avoid this turning into a debate of gov'ment, you dont need to answer that.  just pointing out the fact that obama isnt the reason the tracking is lacking. 

Edited by klipschfancf4

That's not my understanding.  The plug was pulled on USPS years ago.  The best part (worst part) is that Congress still regulates the price they can charge, yet does nothing to ensure its profitability (lack of).  

FACTS:

The Postal Service currently maintains an outstanding debt nearing $15 billion and lacks the operating capital to begin repaying that debt, let alone meet congressionally-mandated payments exceeding $5 billion due to the U.S. Treasury at the end of Fiscal Year 2013. On August 1, 2012, the U.S. Postal Service defaulted on its obligations for the first time ever. Bloomberg Business Week described the situation by saying: “The U.S. Postal Service essentially went broke today. It skipped a $5.5 billion payment to the U.S. Treasury for future retiree health-care payments and said it would do the same early next month when another $5.6 billion is due. This comes as no surprise. The USPS has been losing $25 million each day.

Since there can be no competition in the delivery of mail, there must be a quid pro quo in having the government regulate prices. There are two ways to improve profitability: (1) increase prices (subject to the economic principle of elasticity of demand), or, (2) decrease operating costs. Every small town, hamlet, or truck stop has its own post office. WHY? This is just one example of the inefficiencies inherit in that system.

FACTS:

The Postal Service currently maintains an outstanding debt nearing $15 billion and lacks the operating capital to begin repaying that debt, let alone meet congressionally-mandated payments exceeding $5 billion due to the U.S. Treasury at the end of Fiscal Year 2013. On August 1, 2012, the U.S. Postal Service defaulted on its obligations for the first time ever. Bloomberg Business Week described the situation by saying: “The U.S. Postal Service essentially went broke today. It skipped a $5.5 billion payment to the U.S. Treasury for future retiree health-care payments and said it would do the same early next month when another $5.6 billion is due. This comes as no surprise. The USPS has been losing $25 million each day.

ok great... but is that why your package wasnt tracked every step of its voyage???   no, its not.

i just had something shipped by fedex last week... same deal,  it was scanned at the time of pickup, then never scanned again, looked like it was sitting in texas for 3 days & it was coming from texas to iowa.  low & behold it showed up at my door a day before the estimated delivery date & then showed delivered 4 hours after the fact.  

not trying to argue at all here, you are entitled to your opinion... but its very difficult to talk reason with people who blame obama for everything.    

not trying to argue at all here, you are entitled to your opinion... but its very difficult to talk reason with people who blame obama for everything.

And even more difficult to argue with people who make unfounded accusations. Where the hell did Obama come in? It is Congress (not the Executive Branch) that regulated the Post Office. And the issue is not tracking, it is that it has been none days and no package. As for tracking, can watch my package each step of the way from UPS.

• Like 1

Canada shipping is like china on my end of receiving things, some times three to five days, sometimes two weeks!

My experience here in Toronto has been the exact opposite. I have a DAC coming from CA and it disappeared in the USPS tracking system. It popped up Friday just outside Toronto and has been updated 4 times since then using Canada post tracking.

Time frame has been about the same as yours Earl, it was sent March 13 and should be at my place Tuesday < according to CP tracking.