BMS 4592ND in Eliptrac 400 horn

Currently I am using a B&C DCM50 mid frequency driver and Dave Harris Eliptrac 400 horn for the squawker and the B&C DE10 for high frequency and ALK universal crossover.  It makes sense to use a coaxial driver like the BMS 4592 in the Eliptrac horn for time alignment.  Has anyone had any experience with this combination?  Also I am bi-amping the woofers with a Hypex PSC2.400 amp on each channel and using the electronic crossover of the Hypex.  Currently for the mids and highs I am using a 45 SET amp.

The current combination sounds very smooth with lots of low end grunt.

Thanks for your input.

OP and Bruce,

"Beaming" just might be the quality that I did not like, having both the mids and highs coming out of that same  Eliptrac horn. And BTW OP I now have the seperate driver/horns throats in vertical alignment in an attempt to get them time aligned.

The HF driver of the coax variant has a very nasty peak around 7kHz along with some overall elevated output in relationship to the midrange driver it's attached to. There is network correction for this, developed by Bill Woods.

I am using the BMS 4592ND coaxial and having good results...........I guess I'm the odd ball here.  It is a very powerful driver and needs attenuation in both the mid and tweeter drivers.  It takers some time to properly dial it in.  I also ditched the provided crossover in favor of ALK ESNs..............and I am using this driver on a K402...........and it still requires an EQ. I am using a DBX 1231 graphic on the tape loop of a Peach preamp and it works terrific with the ESNs.

I like the driver(s) because it really helps the high end where the 402 is slightly less pronounced.

This driver does not have quite the sweet midrange as a TAD 4002 but it is clearly the best driver I have tried on a K402 (other than the TAD) and I have tried several.

I have not tried it on any other horn besides the K402.

I've never used the coax version of 4592 but have used the mid only version with the eliptrac 400 I found that the driver is strained at the lower frequency crossover point and below. I think the eliptrac 240 would be a much better match in that respect .....but I believe it would not work well in the HF region with the coax driver. No free lunch..

I suspect one could get good performance with the 400 eliptrac and BMS coax if the crossover point was raised to 600....but that's just a guess!

Edited by NOSValves