Two Channel Rig for sale VRD, NBS, Basis 2001

USNRET

what are the upgraded cap and resistors?

Email from Craig:

Mike,

I dug through all our emails. Your VRD’s under the hood are a stock build with upgraded PRP audiophile  precision 1% resisters and all section of the power supply bypassed with film and foil caps. No special signal path caps were ordered so the amps should have the very good Russian mil spec film and foils. Basically your amplifier are outfitted exactly how my own personal amps. Beyond that you ordered them with all upgraded rectifiers, output and small signal tubes. Here is the list and costs of your project.

VRD amps                             3199.00

Discount                                 -319.90

Standard Tube deduction        -211.00

Balance                                 2668.10

Penta KT-88SC                        185.00

2- Mullard CV4004                   210.00

2- Mullard CV4003                   110.00

2- Mullard 5AR4                       190.00

Upgrade resistor/caps                84.00

Shipping plates                          15.00

Shipping amps                          86.00                          

Total                                     3548.10

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this is a little long in the tooth but just a bumper to say that I will be making a little road trip so I can deliver anywhere along several routes leading from Corpus Christi,Tx to Texarkana over the 4th - 7th of July.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man I Hate to see you get rid of your Gear.

We lived on an acre and had a Belgium Shepherd/Lab.   We put a post at the far end of the property with a cable about 15' in the air.  Attached it to the bottom of the rafters at the house so he could reach the front door.  Then we put a pulley on the cable with a long lead for the dog.  Also put a cable clamp on the cable near the post, but not close enough that the dog could go around the post and get hung up.  Worked great.

If you don't want the cable in the air.  I also ran a cable around the house on the ground at a different home, same dog.  It worked well, but he liked his elevated cable run better.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

Excellent suggestion Taz.  I also tried to suggest an alternative to selling for USNRET, but he seems set on it, & thats as it should be - his choice.

We are all just trying to help a forum brother. Best of luck with your sale neighbor, I willl be down on the Island soon my self,for the fall Redfish run, will shoot you a pm .

Cornman

Man I Hate to see you get rid of your Gear.

We lived on an acre and had a Belgium Shepherd/Lab.   We put a post at the far end of the property with a cable about 15' in the air.  Attached it to the bottom of the rafters at the house so he could reach the front door.  Then we put a pulley on the cable with a long lead for the dog.  Also put a cable clamp on the cable near the post, but not close enough that the dog could go around the post and get hung up.  Worked great.

If you don't want the cable in the air.  I also ran a cable around the house on the ground at a different home, same dog.  It worked well, but he liked his elevated cable run better.

Excellent suggestion Taz.  I also tried to suggest an alternative to selling for USNRET, but he seems set on it, & thats as it should be - his choice.

We are all just trying to help a forum brother. Best of luck with your sale neighbor, I willl be down on the Island soon my self,for the fall Redfish run, will shoot you a pm .

Cornman

Thanks all but too many coyotees wandering around to be without fencing.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Cool, glad you got a good one.

NBS now for sale @ $725.43 just because A1UC is not in the market.

and you can determine for yourself if the above is true however, I am willing to take reasonable offers on the TT, pre and amps. Send them via PM and I will simply say yay or nay. I will assume that your offer does NOT include postage, insurance and (zero) handling since I have the factory boxes. I just learned today that I am a land barron; been renting my last house at an average profit of $17.00 a month over 6 years.

Edited by USNRET