It's all about the music

CECAA850

Had a forum member and 3 others over tonight for 2 hours of music.  Totally forgot about all the garbage that's been spewed on these pages for the last few days.  It's great to have an occasional reminder of why I joined this forum and what we all have in common.  I'm refreshed.

• Like 9

Let's see, we listened to....... Metallica, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Black Eyed Peas, Simon and Garfunkle, Lil John, Bruce Springsteen, Guru Josh Project, Bob Marley, Jeff Beck, Tom Morello and others that I can't recall at the moment.  It was great.

EDIT, started out with a couple Eagles songs.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 3

The whole evening was brought about because Kevin wanted to learn about subs.  The best way to learn is to hear them.  He had never heard an IB or horn sub.  We listened to the IB and 2 different horn subs to give him a little sample of the strengths and weaknesses of each configuration.  We also fired up the Cornscallas on 15 tube watts to show his son what low wattage on big horns sounds like.

• Like 3

What did you play?

See the post above yours , or do you want to know specific songs?

Okay yeah, I figured that you listened to the music on/through the fancy, beautiful, amazing sounding Klipsch speakers. But what songs did you play? :-D

Let's see, we listened to....... Metallica, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Black Eyed Peas, Simon and Garfunkle, Lil John, Bruce Springsteen, Guru Josh Project, Bob Marley, Jeff Beck, Tom Morello and others that I can't recall at the moment.  It was great.

• Like 2

What did you play?

See the post above yours , or do you want to know specific songs?

Okay yeah, I figured that you listened to the music on/through the fancy, beautiful, amazing sounding Klipsch speakers. But what songs did you play? :-D

Let's see, we listened to....... Metallica, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Black Eyed Peas, Simon and Garfunkle, Lil John, Bruce Springsteen, Guru Josh Project, Bob Marley, Jeff Beck, Tom Morello and others that I can't recall at the moment. It was great.

What the what? I swear I read this thread. Sorry, I guess my brain is mush from all the stupid that is standardized testing.

*edit* or we were in one of those inter webs time warps.

Edited by mangofirst
  • Like 1

Carl, can't thank you enough for having us over to hear your systems.  Very very impressive!!!!!   I'm like you, a weekend would have better so that we could have done more listening.  I hope to get back over there soon.  Such an enjoyable evening,  I hope you can make it over to my place one day.

Thanks my friend,

Kevin

• Like 2

• Moderators
look, you guys have to forgive my non-existent knowledge of speakers. I swear I'm doing my homework. Here's my system...my first horn (besides the Old's cornet I played in high school):

Your just not right, I like it, you fit in great, that's funny. :emotion-21:

• Like 2