"They're tryn' to wash us away..."

Mallette

• Moderators

It looks as if the closer it gets, the more westward it's being predicted to hit.

One thing on the plus side is some of the lakes West of Houston cold use the rain, it was somewhat missed in the last recent event.

Been watching the radar and it does look to be slightly more West, good thing.

Roads closed, minor (??) house flooding here. My yard looks about the same as May. I got to mow, weed eat and trim my entire yard this past weekend for the first time this year. My neighbor had a gas powered pump moving water from our yards into the storm drains for days and days in May.

as of 7:00 PM Wed

post-19886-0-20440000-1434585772_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET

Lots of low level flooding here this morning.  Flash flood and tornado watches through out the morning here.  Y'all be safe out there.

Just watching the radar over the past 36 it appears that the upper Red River watershed has been hammered.  While appearances can be deceiving, you might be in for another bout in a few days.  I note that US 71 north of Texarkana just reopened two days ago and US259 remains closed from damage. 

Dave

Lots of low level flooding here this morning.  Flash flood and tornado watches through out the morning here.  Y'all be safe out there.

Just watching the radar over the past 36 it appears that the upper Red River watershed has been hammered.  While appearances can be deceiving, you might be in for another bout in a few days.  I note that US 71 north of Texarkana just reopened two days ago and US259 remains closed from damage. 

Dave

Hey Dave.  The river is down here right now, but north of us the river is on the rise again.  I can still only access my apartment from only one of the two access points here.  The one I always use has been closed going on two weeks now.  There's no tellng how long it will be closed until they can see how much damage all the water has caused to that road.  It's also runs along next to the top of the levee on the west side of the river.  The water came over the top of the levee there, so the roadway may be washed out.  I may walk down there this evening and have a look.

Man, hadn't even looked.  Nothing coming our way...yet.

Local total near my house for year to date is 56".   Blows the records away, and hurricane season only a few weeks old.

No weather like Texas weather. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 3

Update, how are the water levels?

Right now in Shreveport the Red is at 28.2ft.  Which is 1.8 ft below flood stage.  But, it is starting to rise again.  Predictions are 31.6 by Tuesday with a crest of 34ft. within a few days of that.  It shouldn't flood the roads like it did on the last crest of 37.5ft.

• Like 1

There may still be some flooding in places. There may still be some homes that may be effected.  But, not nearly as bad as the last one.  There are still homes on the wrong side of the levee :huh: that have sandbag walls built around them.  Don't ask me why they were allowed to build on the wrong side of the levee!!!  

• Like 1

I know south of Shreveport.  Many farms and their crops were wiped out by this flood.  I know a lot of hay fields were totally destroyed.  So, feed for the horses and cattle may be a little more expensive and hard to find around here this year,

Edited by Pintoracer

Latest GOES and radar.  This baby is growing fast!  Wonder if NOAA actually looks at their stuff.  No comment at all on the NOAA site. 

Not expecting this to do anything but rain necessarily, but after Hurricane Humberto, 2007, went from low, to depression, to tropical storm, to a hurricane with 90 mph winds in about 5 hours and coming ashore 50 miles from me with NOAA two steps behind the whole time I keep an eye out on my own.

Dave

post-7390-0-70560000-1435692057_thumb.jp

post-7390-0-72720000-1435692063_thumb.jp

Interesting.  Two in a row from the same area.  Yesterdays moved out smartly and has remained together.  We'll see if this one moves up as rapidly.  Certainly just an experienced amateur, but I'd hazard to guess we are visually observing El Nino in action. 

Dave

post-7390-0-95960000-1435751422_thumb.jp