Lucky new owner of Justin's Custom Walnut Cornscala speakers

Hello KAC members,

Many of you may have seen these creations of Justin Weber a few months ago, and may have wondered what happened to these T-Rex of the Cornscala world.

I finally set up these speakers in my living room, where I have an early HH Scott 299 integrated amp to power them.  They sound amazing!  The clarity and warmth is fantastic, and the 17 WPC of the Scott provides more than enough volume to fill the room and house.  Every source I have, form vinyl to my iPhone's iTunes' low res music files, sound rich and musical.

I live in Southern California, and so was lucky enough to get to meet Justin and pick up the speakers.  He was very helpful every step of the way, and even helped me load them up, making sure they were well-secured for the 30 mile trip home.  He is a great guy and was very generous with his time and expertise. It was a pleasure to working with him, and I feel I have acquired the best speakers around, and made a fiend at the same time.

The workmanship and his attention to detail has resulted in a kind of benchmark for Cornscala-type speakers.  They made my stock Cornwalls sound pale by comparison, and they complied beautifully my wife's interior design code (slightly sinister looking, but in a traditional way).  Everyone who has heard them has fallen in love with them (and I have some pretty discriminating and opinionated friends).

Feel free to contact me for more details or pictures.

Thank you Justin, and keep doing these things that you love to do!

Scott

post-59587-0-56380000-1431954516_thumb.j

post-59587-0-16340000-1431954542_thumb.j

• Like 2

I built to see how good the K55 could sound. It's an amazing driver. Dave's horns both eliptrac tweeter and tratrix wood horn make the magic. ALK made a custom Cornscalawal to allow the D250x to be used too. Others heavy lifting makes building these monsters possible. I'm glad their in a home with someone who will live for a long time. Scott is a Klipsch fan to the core. Just ask him how many great speakers he owns ;-).

• Like 1