Indy 500

Ceptorman

Didn't cart file for BK twice? The second time being swallowed up by IRL?

The 500 was never a CART race, the CART season took a break for a month, or so, and CART teams and drivers entered that race as a seperate event. F1 used to take a break also and F1 drivers would compete.

IRL is much more evenly matched and seems more competitive. The engines are more powerful, both from CART days and currently in IRL since the elimination of turbocharging in F1, I guess NASCAR took advantage of the split and filled the gap.

Travis

Yes, the 500 was a USAC sanctioned race, no points given. And Nascar had to love the split.

• Like 1

Edit: Brain is failing me again, he has has never won Le Mans. He is one to go.

I just realized that Montoya is only the second person to achieve auto racing's Triple Crown. There was hype about this 5 years ago, but I don't think I have seen any mention of it after his Indy win.

Maybe I just missed it in the telecast?

I think Graham Hill is the only Triple Crown winner, Montoya hasn't won LeMans.

Just as an FYI, my son who just graduated from Marshall University will be attending the British Grand Prix F1 race on 05 July. He is a huge F1 fan, but has never attended a race. I am hoping he will look at some grad schools while over there. Fingers crossed....

Any F1 race would be a thrill to watch live. My brother was at that race a few years ago. He mentioned the air show just before the start. In this country we have a flyover, over there they had a 30 minute military show.

• Like 1

JPM has won the 24hr Le Mans, this I remember, but it was some time ago. Don't know what the triple crown is in car racing.

He was great in F1, drove with a big pair, and couldn't be intimidated.

• Moderators

Just as an FYI, my son who just graduated from Marshall University will be attending the British Grand Prix F1 race on 05 July. He is a huge F1 fan, but has never attended a race. I am hoping he will look at some grad schools while over there. Fingers crossed....

Oxford is less than an hour's drive from Silverston. What he should really do is catch the train after the race at Cattle End and head on up and check out the University of Edinburgh. Whilst he won't be able to understand anyone when up there, he will be able to read the language.

Travis

• Moderators

JPM has won the 24hr Le Mans, this I remember, but it was some time ago. Don't know what the triple crown is in car racing.

Triple Crown of Motor Sport is wins at:

Monoco Grand Prix

Indianapolis 500

Le Mans (overall)

During the career of the racer.

• Like 1

He was best in F1.  Look for the pass he made on Schumacher at Spa in 2004 at the Bus Stop chicane.  He had some large attachments to make that move.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I could of sworn he had won Le Mans as well, but there is no listing of him as a winner. He has won 24 hrs at Daytona multiple times but apparently not Le Mans?

Travis

Oxford is less than an hour's drive from Silverston. What he should really do is catch the train after the race at Cattle End and head on up and check out the University of Edinburgh. Whilst he won't be able to understand anyone when up there, he will be able to read the language.

Travis

We've been to Edinburgh before, and as a matter of fact, that is where he will be going on the 6th for 3 nights. Also interesting is London Business School.  As for understanding people, it's all a matter of whether they have had a wee dram yet.  :blink:

• Moderators

Travis

We've been to Edinburgh before, and as a matter of fact, that is where he will be going on the 6th for 3 nights. Also interesting is London Business School. As for understanding people, it's all a matter of whether they have had a wee dram yet. :blink:
Me hat's off to ye forrrrrr bing abl to sart tru the accent of me clansmen. Yer da baste.

Unfortunately, my family over there talks like this

I drink the local whisky/uisge beatha they bring over and just nod my head in agreement. If I get to the point where I understand them I begin to worry because that usually coincides with the haggis being pulled out.

LSE is a great, great school. I hope that comes to reality if that is his wish.

Travis

Edited by dwilawyer

Edit: Brain is failing me again, he has has never won Le Mans. He is one to go.

I just realized that Montoya is only the second person to achieve auto racing's Triple Crown. There was hype about this 5 years ago, but I don't think I have seen any mention of it after his Indy win.

Maybe I just missed it in the telecast?

I think Graham Hill is the only Triple Crown winner, Montoya hasn't won LeMans.

Any F1 race would be a thrill to watch live. My brother was at that race a few years ago. He mentioned the air show just before the start. In this country we have a flyover, over there they had a 30 minute military show.

I agree! When Cart was in San Jose I went to every race, and at the last one they had a 2 seater F1 car giving rides (not really giving but taking lots of $$$ for a ride (I think it was like $5k for a ride...it might have been more though as i was not in any way shape or form going to be able to pay that). I do recall the F1 car being so much louder that it actually was hurting my ears with hearing protection on. 

University of Cambridge...lots of women and pubs! :)

• Like 2

University of Cambridge...lots of women and pubs! :)

That's a requirement of any good school…..women and pubs :D

He was best in F1. Look for the pass he made on Schumacher at Spa in 2004 at the Bus Stop chicane. He had some large attachments to make that move.

I loved watching him in F1, he definitely had and still uses those attachments.

Travis

We've been to Edinburgh before, and as a matter of fact, that is where he will be going on the 6th for 3 nights. Also interesting is London Business School. As for understanding people, it's all a matter of whether they have had a wee dram yet. :blink:
Me hat's off to ye forrrrrr bing abl to sart tru the accent of me clansmen. Yer da baste.

Unfortunately, my family over there talks like this

I drink the local whisky/uisge beatha they bring over and just nod my head in agreement. If I get to the point where I understand them I begin to worry because that usually coincides with the haggis being pulled out.

LSE is a great, great school. I hope that comes to reality if that is his wish.

Travis

Dagnabit, you're right. It was the 24hrs of Daytona, and not Le Mans.

Had to Google it, which I should have done the first time.

I could of sworn he had won Le Mans as well, but there is no listing of him as a winner. He has won 24 hrs at Daytona multiple times but apparently not Le Mans?

Travis

Yesterday the first race of the "Dual in Detroit" was stopped at lap 47 of 70, due to heavy rain.  The second race is today, but, it's raining now and rain is predicted all day.

Edited by DizRotus