60's Honda motorcycles

Rivervalleymgb

Anyone else into vintage motorcycles?

This was my wet dream, and still is. Like a Shelby mustang, I've wanted a CBX for a long, long time. Had the chance to buy one that was built by Russ Collins, I passed it up, and have been kicking myself in the arse ever since.

There's bike shop in Kansas the specializes in restoring this model, but for their asking price, I could buy something more modern, that's capable of stopping w/o issues.

post-10277-0-59260000-1433297176_thumb.j

I think the CBX was the ultimate evolution of the UJM and the maybe the last of the species before the VFs took over.  This is my '79.  Despite the awesome header array, the motor is just a hair wider than the 750.  It has an engine wail like that sounds a lot like a Formula One.  

Burn with envy Gilbert  :D ..................but I am thinking of selling it at some point.

cbx007.jpg

Anyone else into vintage motorcycles? 

I have a passion for 60's era Honda's. Currently have a 1961 Honda 300 Dream, 1966 Honda 160 Dream, and a 1969 Honda 305 Scrambler.....

NIce collection of vintage Honda's. Well done! Those are timeless classics.

Back in the day, Mom & Dad rode & this was my 1st & been hooked ever since.

I think I was 7 yeas old & I rode the heck out of it everyday. It would be cool to grab another one for retro memories.

(not my pic, but the one that stared it all):

4502026876.jpg

I think the CBX was the ultimate evolution of the UJM and the maybe the last of the species before the VFs took over.  This is my '79.  Despite the awesome header array, the motor is just a hair wider than the 750.  It has an engine wail like that sounds a lot like a Formula One.  

Burn with envy Gilbert  :D ..................but I am thinking of selling it at some point.

cbx007.jpg

Looks clean, very clean.

Fk!! You're in Montana, that would be a hell of a ride home; maybe if you sell it in the early Fall, before it gets too cold. When you're serious about selling it, please PM me, with a price. I'll need to know the following;

Is that the orig. engine, or has it been rebuilt?

Same for gear box?

How many miles?

Who serviced it?

Mechanically, how would you rate it?

I love that bike, gett'in a woody just looking at it.

• Like 1

cbx007.jpg

That's a great looking bike. They are definitely becoming hard to find.

This is my (true) high school sweetheart, a '72 cb350.  I hope my old girlfriend that rode on the back of it has aged as well.  

Restored with all OEM NOS except for the replica mufflers and tires.

HPIM0656_1_zpseedc3d97.jpg

That is too much!  I had a 350 all thru high school too.  You guys sure are bringing back the memories.  This is fun and sad at the same time :emotion-25:  :emotion-50:  :emotion-22:

I took this side by side photo of my Hondas the day I brought the CBX home.  "W  I  D  E"  gas tank is right but the motor is really only a bit wider than the 750.  Gilbert, I'm not going to forget that you're interested.  The CBX is all original with around 11,300 miles.  The previous owner is in his mid 70s and has Parkinson's disease.  He used to race flat track in his younger days (not with this bike of course) but had more and more difficulty grabbing the clutch on the CBX so he decided to sell the bike and focus more on his skydiving.  It's been ridden and maintained well.  I'll send more info along to you later rather than hijack the thread.

IMG_0894.jpg

The CBX had a fugly "king and queen" seat when I got it.  I swapped it out with a Honda replacement seat immediately but then that ugly one is pretty comfy (really comfy).

IMG_0893.jpg

Edited by sputnik
  • Like 2