SOLD ! BNIB Nos Valves VRDS in hickory/

LeeW

Unfortunately I have to sell this Nos Valves 2 channel system consisting of the NBS. Preamp without phono And the VRD' s in hickory cabinets. I am going to unbox them tomorrow to take pics .

I have been holding on to them for to long

Looking for $2,500 shipped for the VRDS

Lee

Pics of vrd's from Craig

NBS Is sold, The VRD's are still available and new in the box. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What is a Low Z 12AT7 stage?   Output buffer?

I believe it is basically a cathode follower circuit that was added to lower the impedance for the second set of outputs to allow a better match in driving low input impedance solid state amplifiers or drive a longer cable run.

What is a Low Z 12AT7 stage? Output buffer?

I believe it is basically a cathode follower circuit that was added to lower the impedance for the second set of outputs to allow a better match in driving low input impedance solid state amplifiers or drive a longer cable run.

Yep, mine has it for the subs Edited by USNRET

Guest thesloth

What is a Low Z 12AT7 stage?   Output buffer?

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about the second set of outputs, good idea to have a buffered out if needed to drive long cable runs or heavy loads. The ECC88 has a very low Rp so I assumed the output Z was fairly low to begin with.......I would probably use the regular outputs in most cases because the added cathode follower might be adding some unwanted added distortion.