Highend Tweek(s) ?

minermark

I started this thread last week because i was blown away with what i posted below.

Do i NOT get out enough? 

There things evolving in Audio, invented near and far that make no sense.

From the reviews iv been reading, the reviewers get the item free to keep, that's like advanced "Payolla".

Feel free to post your "Finds" and your view(s)

---------------------------------------My First Find----------------------------------------------------------------

So im cruising through the  AG  forum (I think i placed my EAWs there) and came across this critter.

Dammit, i looked at it!

And then started reading the reviews.

Me im looking for a power cord? xover Tap? USB plug-in? what in the hell hooks this thing up ?

Figure ill go back and just stare at it for a Min.

Dam man, it's a Paperweight!

Im getting a BEER And a Shot, read a few of the reviews

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/acoustics-highend-novum-pmr-premium-mkii-stereophile-recommended-component-2015-07-14-accessories-92307-apple-valley-ca

post-57941-0-81060000-1437250716_thumb.j

Edited by minermark

I now see i could have a new past time, looking at INSANELY priced common items,  AG is for waccos!

I was having a beer and just thought id look at some of the links these guys send you to.

Im tellin ya, a clean new Hospital Grade 20Amp outlet in a pretty black box fetchs $499, hummm i do know someone who owns a plating shop 

Edited by minermark

It kind of looks like a sun lamp, or actually the portable light that has a clamp built on it so you can put it anywhere, particularly inside a car hood.  But at $2600, maybe MM should pick a pair up and review them for us, I'm sure they would sound sweeeeet between the MWM stacks

Mark

Well its good to see a few chiming in on this thread after i sat here all day wondering if this was giong over everyones head.

Hell i was talkin to myself eariler (deleted posts).

So i take it im not alone in this snake oil offering?

Real room improvement is logic, and we all know many.

I was not a well liked kid when going with my Dad to visit his friends, many times walk into their shops/garage/homes and they would have little things sitting around with wires coming out of it/them, me and a screwdriver, and two min, alot of people i pizzed off, not because i took something apart, because what was inside........

Funny this is still marketed,

The one i took apart, was potted in epoxy, Good Right?, clear epoxy it was, wires just snipped off clean, nothing in the 1Oz box :o

http://highend-electronics.com/products/audio-magic-pulse-gen-zx?variant=953431919

For $275 why buy a 40" piece of wire?

When for the same money ill send (4) FOUR yes that's right 4 complete wire antennas W/ Spade lug Pre-crimped and ready for install.

My wires are not the Measley 40" you get from the other guy(s).

Each wire antenna in my set is a FULL 25 feet long, alowing you to run anywhere you wish.

http://highend-electronics.com/products/copy-of-walker-audio-e-sst-extreme-super-silver-treatment

I thank Chad for my request to clean up this thread.

Id like to keep this thread going with any/everyone posting weird things that we come across in the walk of daily life.

We just may save someone money/sanity/ears/wife.

At this time i will post the thread Disclaimer:

Note to ANY company who's wares are displayed here, you have two choices,

1. Ignor

2. Send someone here your product at no charge/to keep and most members of this forum would be happy to road test your rant.

I'm a little lost on what happened, or why, so no big deal.

+++

I think the question is about the shiny parabolic dish that was in Post #1.  Again, I'm not sure if you guys are poo-pooing it, but I can certainly see how it could work. 

It would work in the same way a passive radiator works, but the sound waves would excite the material in the dish creating a HF resonance.  It's really no different than the way the bell of a trumpet would work, heavier bells yield a darker sound, thin alloys make a brighter sound.

I don't think I would make a $2500 enhancement to my $300 Bose speakers, but if I had $10,000 speakers, it might be worth the investment for that "ultimate" sound.  It seems to me it would be a personal choice to the person who had that kind of budget for discretionary spending.

• Like 1

Give me a break.  If you can afford stuff that costs so  much to be that great you shouldn't need that sort of treatment because you should be already savvy enough to understand room treatments.

If you mean me (and it's OK if you do :) ) then the intent of my post was to be open to new ideas.  If those here want to discredit or expose obvious problems with that particular product, I like to hear about it because there is much more I don't know than I do know  about audio. 

Regarding this dish, if I think about the theory, it has some credibility in terms of others things I know something about, like brass instruments.  But does it work?  I don't know, I've never heard it.  I can hear the difference between a cheap horn and a pro horn, and I think most of you guys could tell the difference as well.

For myself, I am not going to purchase a $2,500 parabolic dish, the same way I would not buy a $1,000 cable.  I don't look down on anybody who buys those types of products.  We are all different on how we spend our money on things we like.

Back in the 1980's I spent $1,500 on a really nice portable Sony Betamax recorder and matching Sony video camera.  I wish I bought that parabolic dish instead of the Betamax, because at least there might have been a CHANCE that the dish might have worked.    :rolleyes:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1