1987 La Scala

houndog

Kudos to Jimbo for explaining how the "value" of this type of product is determined.  I learned something there.  But I appreciate how he did it in a matter-of-fact manner without ruffling feathers.

Edited by JoeDirt
  • Like 1

Kudos to Jimbo for explaining how the "value" of this type of product is determined.  I learned something there.  But I appreciate how he did it in a matter-of-fact manner without ruffling feathers.

Well, thanks, but as I'm sure others can attest, the issues that I raised are certainly not the only factors, just relative to this offering....There are some factors that go across all the different types and models, but of course every model is different and there are things to take into consideration for each one....

yes I purchased these when I was in the air force in Okinawa japan..when they gave me my pair, there was a pile of these speaker and you just grabbed 2 and you were on your way..Iv never noticed any color variation. And I didn't mean to rude folks im sorry for being blunt that's the way I am. im a straight forward person.I just get tired of being ridiculed when people have to try to nick pick a very nice pair of speakers that im very proud to own and love..Also the reason I asked to email me for more pics is because I cant upload more than 1 pic....

Now four different posted prices. Yes, confusing to say the least. Let's not gloss over the fact that the ad is also entirely misleading to begin with.

"They sound exactly the same as they were new" - not sure how that's possible unless they were never ever used. Even then, as mentioned, you have parts that will still need to be updated. 30 years of aging isn't typically a beneficial thing.

"A new pair of LaScala will cost you $6k" - Perhaps, but you're certainly not implying that these are comparable, riiiiiight? Or are you? Yup, reads like you are.

This gentleman can certainly ask for whatever he'd like, they are his speakers to sell. You just shouldn't intentionally mislead people in the process, IMO. An uninformed buyer could very easily purchase these with the stated expectation that they truly are "same as they were new" and valued at $6k originally. But who knows, to him they probably do sound the same. He's also been the only one listening to them for the last 29 years straight... and that makes perfect sense. As things change around us we naturally become accustomed and acclimated to that change.

Im not trying to mislead anybody..does a new pair cost 6kish yes or no, why not have an old pair that cost why less and sounds excellent..Have you ever heard of a car called the chevy corvette(for example)look how much a new one cost in comparison to a used one. and why would you fix something that works perfectly fine. And im sorry if you cant follow the bouncing ball on the price going lower..im agree with jimbo the horse has been beaten already..and it is total fine if this thread is removed..good day

You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit
And you ain't no friend of mine

Well they said you was high-classed
Well, that was just a lie
Yeah they said you was high-classed
Well, that was just a lie
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit
And you ain't no friend of mine
  • Like 1

Hahaha you guys crack me up!! No disrespect to anybody..what in the name of god do you guys care about the freaking serial numbers for!!! IT DOES NOT IMPROVE THE SOUND OF THE SPEAKER!!!NO they are not consecutive. And who cares about the crossover. If you put these side by side you wont know the difference!! Why do people think they are going to improve the best!!YOU ARE NOT!! If you must second guess a Klipsch speaker,you need to get a life..sorry for the rant..but people need to pull their heads out from between their legs...

Your going to do well on this site...LOL.

Im not trying to mislead anybody..does a new pair cost 6kish yes or no, why not have an old pair that cost why less and sounds excellent..Have you ever heard of a car called the chevy corvette(for example)look how much a new one cost in comparison to a used one. and why would you fix something that works perfectly fine. And im sorry if you cant follow the bouncing ball on the price going lower..im agree with jimbo the horse has been beaten already..and it is total fine if this thread is removed..good day

If you want to edit the thread to state they are no longer available here, that's up to you and you can do that yourself within the post editor.  I don't think anyone will complain.  If you still haven't figured it out by now, having read all of the previous posts, I will say it again....you can ask whatever you want to, but your price is too high for the market for that speaker, plain and simple.  Most of the folks here have decades of experience with owning, buying and selling all of the Heritage line, and some are former Klipsch associates.  They, and I, have tried to be nice (for the most part) and explain to you what the issue is with your listing, or what the speakers may need due to their age...but apparently you still don't get it.

As for your Corvette analogy, I would imagine then that you wouldn't bother changing the oil since it seems to working perfectly fine...Right?  Think about it.

Good luck with your sale.

Edited by jimjimbo

At $1600, the current asking price.  I would have posted them in the Alerts section, since they look cosmetically in good condition . 

Some here would have likely thought them a decent deal.

I have a very similar pair (good condition, factory stained and lacquered, consecutive serials) and I wouldn't sell mine for less than ~$1500 and they haven't been recapped and are the AL crossovers.

Having been here a while, I would have taken a different approach with my original post.

However, after things were "explained" to him, he apologized (see below) and I generally give newbies a pass (the first time).

yes I purchased these when I was in the air force in Okinawa japan..when they gave me my pair, there was a pile of these speaker and you just grabbed 2 and you were on your way..Iv never noticed any color variation. And I didn't mean to rude folks im sorry for being blunt that's the way I am. im a straight forward person.I just get tired of being ridiculed when people have to try to nick pick a very nice pair of speakers that im very proud to own and love..Also the reason I asked to email me for more pics is because I cant upload more than 1 pic....

Houndog admitted to being blunt.  Good thing we don't have any blunt people around here.    :unsure:

The horse is dead.  Good luck to the OP with the sale, they will sell (for around what you are asking).

I just to thank all the cool members that that email me privately in my defense. It is true that all we do have is a bunch of hair knuckle idiots with crossed eyes with nuthin better to do and sit around on this forum thinking they know it all..take care you useless pieces of crap and god bless the the good ones..

Gents, my opinion is that you guys have given a new member a rough time.  You make a lot of assumptions about what you think is obvious.  Houndog, OTOH, doesn't have the background to clearly understand what you consider obvious.  Having rec'd a rough "welcome" myself way back in the wild west days and barely surviving it I have considerable sympathy for Houndog.

This thread was reported, and while I don't like the attitudes here there is nothing really actionable.  Houndog, if you want the thread hidden please request it.

Apologies for your "welcome," but try to look at the content aside from the barbs.  Good points were made, but poorly communicated.

Dave

• Like 1

It is true that all we do have is a bunch of hair knuckle idiots with crossed eyes with nuthin better to do and sit around on this forum thinking they know it all..take care you useless pieces of crap

Thank you, it was nice to meet you as well.

Mallette, if you are apologizing to this guy, I think you are in the wrong business.