*Rare* EV Electrovoice Cardinal Cornerhorns (KHorn Cabinets)

pezman

Factory-built Klipschorn cabinets, upgraded blonde finish.

Chrome T350 in like-new condition with original diaphragms, I have the original crossovers with mounting screws and will include them with the sale plus newly-installed handmade x336 replacement crossovers by Bob Crites. Potentiometers cleaned and static-free. Also included is the original type-written manual that includes positioning info among many, many other things.

All-original. Asking $3900, local pickup only-- Albany, NY area, about 2.5 hours from NYC, 2.5 hours from Boston and 3 hours from Montreal.

More photos to come, please don't hesitate to ask questions.

**Photos**

FWIW Klipsch did not use MDF from the factory in days of yor.  Those appear to be kitted Speakerlab K clones with the mid and tweeter level L-pads mounted on the sides of the tophat.  Those came with T-350 tweeters initially.  The midrange horn and original crossover network will most likely be Speakerlab.  They did have a very good woofer that they custom designed for the cabinet though.

Edited by Frzninvt

FWIW Klipsch did not use MDF from the factory in days of yor.  Those appear to be kitted Speakerlab K clones with the mid and tweeter level L-pads mounted on the sides of the tophat.  Those came with T-350 tweeters initially.  The midrange horn and original crossover network will most likely be Speakerlab.  They did have a very good woofer that they custom designed for the cabinet though.

All drivers are EV-branded.  The crossovers are as well.  Did Speakerlab manufacture for EV?  Yes, the cabinets are definitely wood, not particleboard.

No Speakerlab offered kits for people to build.  Those certainly do not look like they came from the Klipsch factory.  Perhaps home built and loaded with EV drivers and network.  Some photos of the backs would be helpful.  The front looks too narrow to be factory.

Here is a factory C-Type Klipschorn.

post-2180-0-01620000-1437510661_thumb.jp

No Speakerlab offered kits for people to build.  Those certainly do not look like they came from the Klipsch factory.  Perhaps home built and loaded with EV drivers and network.  Some photos of the backs would be helpful.  The front looks too narrow to be factory.

Here is a factory C-Type Klipschorn.

You are confused, those are not the cheap speaker lab replicas. They are a speaker made by Electro Voice named "The Cardinals" and are valuable, the Chrome T-350 tweeters alone are worth $1,000 for a matched pair, but I would hold out for a pair of Electro Voice Patricians if I were interested.

Roger

• Like 1

These were Electrovoice factory built.  They licensed the KHorn cabinet design and also offered these kits as DIY.  These particular speakers were not DIY, and contain all EV drivers.  I'll try to put together a list of driver models and post them tomorrow.  And yes, A pair of chrome T350 tweeters with original diaphragms recently sold on eBay in excess of $2100-- not sure where they went, but that was the selling price.

I'm happy to post more pictures as well.  My reason for selling is simply that I do not have enough room (with corners) to serve these beauties well.

And yes, A pair of chrome T350 tweeters with original diaphragms recently sold on eBay in excess of $2100-- not sure where they went, but that was the selling price.

Holy cow!  I had no I idea T350's could sell for that much.

That mid horn looks kind of smallish.  I wonder how it compares to the K400?

These were Electrovoice factory built.  They licensed the KHorn cabinet design and also offered these kits as DIY.  These particular speakers were not DIY, and contain all EV drivers.  I'll try to put together a list of driver models and post them tomorrow.  And yes, A pair of chrome T350 tweeters with original diaphragms recently sold on eBay in excess of $2100-- not sure where they went, but that was the selling price.

I'm happy to post more pictures as well.  My reason for selling is simply that I do not have enough room (with corners) to serve these beauties well.

Welcome to the Forum

Saw your first post and have monitored, as you can see, experts abound, three chimed in and they know what they are talking about. glad you have seen it this way also.

It appears you know what you have, A great thing, and many of here admire your sale.

Selling these will not be a problem, middle of summer is.

Keep in mind almost everyone who whe sells a pair of these, someday, wishes they had not.

• Like 1