Denon AVC-A1SE/AVR-5800 in Champagne Sold

K5SS

Anybody looking for a old school, beastly receiver? $3,800 MSRP

I am always on the lookout for high-end audio gear and I ran across this monster. I grabbed it from a guy unloading a $20k+ home theater. I was going to use it in my garage but after getting it home, I realized it would be a shame to use such a ledgendary machine on some bookshelf speakers so I am listing it cheap.

I was going to list it on CL for $600 for a quick flip but I figured I would let one of you guys have a crack at it first. No remote and 2 minor dings (see pictures), otherwise it is in amazing condition.

It weighs 65 pounds so take that into consideration.. I will drop off at a local UPS or FedEx location and you can arrange for the packaging at your own expense. It was tested and fully functioning.

PayPal accepted.

post-47735-0-84260000-1438740836_thumb.j

post-47735-0-41460000-1438740850_thumb.j

post-47735-0-60420000-1438740868_thumb.j

post-47735-0-43660000-1438740885_thumb.j

post-47735-0-74940000-1438740904_thumb.j

post-47735-0-31980000-1438740919_thumb.j

post-47735-0-14780000-1438740929_thumb.j

post-47735-0-88820000-1438740944.jpg

Edited by K5SS
  • Like 1

Oh, like I said, this is a Euro version so the large black box is a Europe to US converter. That is included in the price so please take that into the shipping, it probably weighs another 25+ lbs.

Here is a good comparison between the era of uber receivers:

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/27095-help-me-choose-between-these-mega-monsters-11.html

The last AVR-5800's that have sold on ebay have gone for around $700. There is currently an AVR-5800 listed for $700 + shipping. 

Edited by K5SS

Nobody?

I thought one of you guys would have wanted this massive receiver.

$300 + shipping

Many of you guys have bought gear from me here. I am a stand up guy, just love trying out and selling quality audio products;)

Edited by K5SS

I will drop off at a local UPS or FedEx location and you can arrange for the packaging at your own expense.

Honestly, that's probably your biggest holdup right there. Nobody wants to arrange their own shipping at your local UPS/FedEx store. Not to mention the crazy price they would charge to pack that gear on top of shipping it. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I totally thought about that. Local sale or audiogon probably makes the most sense.

I was just really hoping someone here would buy it and enjoy it. It is basically a separate 7 x 175 amp, even though it is "just a receiver".

I agree with you but I have been totally screwed on shipping on a few heavy items. I would be losing serious money if I included the shipping at this price.

I tried pricing it cheap enough that the shipping cost would be a non-factor.

All good. It might just end up in the garage, driving my last pair of RB-5's;)

Edited by K5SS

I wouldn't trust the 16 yr old kid at the UPS store to pack that correctly. I would come much closer to believing that you could do it. That's what I'm talking about when "arrange your own shipping" comes to mind. There is an art to packing 50+ lb amps/receivers.

• Like 1

FedEx has some new cases for shipping computers, framed artwork and other fragile items. The cases are well built and should protect the receiver, the shipping in the case is a big number tho. One of the cases looks like it could hold a Heresy, it might be worth looking into

Mark

I will check out one of those cases.

Also, I tend to bomb proof items that I ship. If the person that buys it wants me to package it instead of a 16 year old, I would be more than happy to do it. I just figured it would be safer for us, liability wise, if FedEx or UPS handled the packaging.

Just rember, the euro converter and the receiver probably weigh right around 100lbs.

Simple packing philosophy.

Inner box adequate padding(3+ inches) all around contents to cushion and absolutely no movement of contents. Outer box of sturdier quality with inner padding to cushion inner box and prevent movement. Adequate tape to secure and "waterproof".

Bill

• Like 1

Just rember, the euro converter and the receiver probably weigh right around 100lbs.
just so you know when I priced my sherbourn to sell and ship anywhere in the us, its similar in size with a very large box and came in around 125 lbs I believe. and it wasn't more than 125$ if I remember right to ship just about anywhere. obviously it was already packaged and that was just for shipping but you get the picture.
  • Like 1