Early surprise Christmas!

totalcomfort

Got everything up and running and the RTR was a little muted and had some hiss. Got my head cleaner out did a little cleaning and it started singing. I have a akai 202d I have been using and this one sounds even better. Always loved RTR since I saw this one when I was about 9 or 10 at my uncles house. Going to play around with the Quadrophonic conversion box later today. He has several tapes that are factory recorded in quadrophonic this should be fun. Trying to figure out how I am going to hook it up to my xmc-1? Was thinking I would use the 7.1 inputs in direct mode? The Sansui had a little scratching in the volume knob, a little deoxit spray and everything is working great. Just so excited that I have some of the gear that I first heard as a kid that got me started in this hobby. The fact that it is from someone that I was very close to growing up, just makes it so special to me. My uncle was like a second dad to me growing up, he would take me hunting and fishing when my father couldn't.

• Like 8

What a great uncle and grateful  nephew, wow!  Enjoy and later tell me what exactly the JVC unit is. :)

From what I have found out so far, it will decode the quad track on a LP if you have the special cart on your TT. Then outputs that to your quad amp. My uncle just told me the Dual TT in the box will work with it. The TT has a few issues that I will have to get fixed before I can use it. Anybody know a good vintage TT repair company I could send it to?