What would you do

joessportster

so potentially sold the he500 heres the rub, paypal says the pmt is UNDER REVIEW

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ1837

After reading this I am inclined to return the payment and look elsewhere, the potential buyer has decent feedback on head-fi so I dont really understand this

what would you do ??

Yes I contacted him his response was Thanks for letting me know he did not see anything on his end and he will watch for any messages ?? seems kind of nonchalant about the whole thing....................

went over his feedback more carefully it appears he may be overseas and shipping to a us address, there were a couple mentions about international transactions, It has been over a year since he has recieved feedback

english is a little broken as well

Edited by joessportster

If he's not on US soil I'd cancel the transaction. too much hassle dealing with international tracking, claims, etc.

My thoughts exactly, I am in no hurry to sell and certainly cant afford to spend money shipping them only to have paypal come back next week and take the $$ back for a fraudulent deal, They say it would be covered under seller protection but there are all kind of requirements that a seller must meet

I also noticed the buyers address is not verified which I know used to be a must with paypal for any type protection to be valid  

Paypal did that to me when I sold my altec 604's until I provided them with a bank account routing number they wouldn't give me my money. Needless to say I closed out the paypal account immediately when I got my money and will never deal with them again.

I've been using Pay Pal for years.... more than a Decade (early 2000).

I have never had an issue with them that wasn't sorted out and learned from. Certainly they are quite expensive, but also quite useful.

I've been PayPal customer since day one. I've done about 100 transactions, and only one was bad. But, that one was distressing for days, because my generation is used to being able to get a responsible person on the phone. We trust humans interaction and distrust automated action.

• Like 1