Trust Building / Reputation

joessportster

My response for expedited shipping

Package is still in Evansville Indiana, all my mail has delivered for the day, the cable packet was received 

I had to take a few minutes and gather myself, I simply can not believe anyone that has consistently lied about shipping a product and got around to shipping at there leisure would have the audacity to ask the recipient of those lies and lethargic shipping practices for the favor / courtesy of expedited shipping of return goods

It is absolutely mind boggling to me. 

We already discussed the first 2 failures so no need for further comment, although to claim constant phone call for a good 12 hours seems far fetched (12 hours Equals 8 hours of operation on Friday and another 4 hours of operation on Saturday) but I Digress

Lets concentration on the latest, After you received my last Email describing my dislike of the process you stated on the 13th, the package would ship Monday the 14th AM, THATS AM meaning in the morning before 12noon, you sent a 2nd response stating it would be sent 2nd DAY EXPRESS. Now as established It was or should be clear that I have shipped LOT's of gear, I have used every shipping carrier there is DOZENS of times so I know exactly what 2nd day express is and I am quite sure you do as well, It tends to run 3 or more times higher cost than PRIORITY MAIL, so the fact that someone opts for priority is perfectly understandable.

Instead of coming right out and saying  it was too expensive you treat me like I am to dense to understand and feed me some crap about "They Said" and "I will get a partial refund"..........Complete :pwk_bs: , You knew what you did and again you did it at your leisure, you communicate tracking at 7:11pm and tracking shows items dropped off sometime after 1pm (this is not AM) and it is not 2nd day express

The lesson here should be clear Do What YOU say when YOU say YOU will do it, I offer no less and frankly I expect no less, I am sure in your mind I am being an Azz complaining about a couple days / hours etc... But I am not complaining about the time I dont like liars I will not suffer them, for me to do anything less makes me complicit in those lies.

It appears there is no telling when / if the hardware box would arrive judging by tracking, I fear it must have been misplaced / misdirected I guess it is a waiting game for now, 2nd day express you could have already started a claim / internal tracking process now with priority shipping you will be forced to wait I think it is something like a week but you could confirm through local post office if you so desire

sorry No I wont ship expedited, if I ship it will be as discussed priority, My inclination is to refund the money minus my expenses for packing the gear etc...and simply return to sender the pack of cables and the hardware box unopened If it arrives

As expected I am the bad guy, I have always found it funny when you find someone a liar and cheat and call them out on it they turn right around and start with the insults and misdirection in some sort of attempt to feel better about themselves

apparently I am an OCD Baptist pill popping accusatory control freak..........................................Ill take that over lieing POS  B)

Oh and deal cancelled by me the control freak  :D

Edited by joessportster

Nope on the contrary, I have had easily hundreds of deals via the internet, and could count on 1 hand the AzzHoles that make it a difficult transaction

too many people today think it is ok to do things at there oun leisure and rather than man up and take responsibility they hurl insults and lay blame, I have had the same stuff happen face to face.........

The only issue with net dealing is it is typically long distance which makes it easier for some to act like key board tough guys, the crap they will type they would never say face to face

I have learned to laugh at there attempts to rile me and respond with the facts,  Cant argue with black and white, (unless of course your nuts)  :D

• Like 1

I usually go into these sort of things with low expectations, that way I won't be disappointed.

I recently bought a used Monster Power Center on the auction site to replace a power strip that a bedroom tv/dvd is plugged into. 10 days go by with no tracking number or confirm of mailing so I contact the seller to see what the story is. "I'm sorry, I am 9 months pregnant and was just in the hospital, I will mail it out by Thursday my due date." Seriously??? You are 9 months pregnant and selling heavy stuff on Ebay the week you are due? I gave her the benefit of the doubt & wished her luck and ask for a tracking #.

I get a confirm from Ebay yesterday saying the item was shipped, w/o a tracking #, but it will be delivered on or before Friday 9/11! Something tells me, it ain't going to happen. Maybe I am wrong, perhaps the item will show up. I have the feeling however, I will be contacting Ebay regarding a refund sometime next week. At what point do I morph from trusting soul to sucker to ball breaker?

At what point do I morph from trusting soul to sucker to ball breaker?

stay a trusting soul…you’ll probably end up a happier one.  i’m cynical and i hate it. i think i’d be much happier if i thought the best of people instead of the worst. we most likely encounter more decent people than jerks. it gets tiring having your guard up all the time, when it often isn’t necessary.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

I will say this, I am a lot like Bigstew, but have also become more laid back in the last year or so, due to feeling that there is an ulterior motive with people and neighbors dealing with me. Until I am pushed or someone wants to act tough also. I also am very guarded and expect to get screwed in the end by people I deal with as it has become the norm for where I live and where I grew up.

Unfortunately, I didn't grow up with a good family backing, so I am very good at reading bad people, and have become accustomed to not really understanding someone when they are genuine with me, and feel I owe them something when they do something for me. I don't always feel thank you is enough. Maybe it's all in my head, but that's me. I will however go out of my way to help others when I can still as I believe in Karma.

Without dwelling and going back to the situation I had here, I felt and still feel horrible the situation ended the way it did, as I thought of that person in a good manner.

Joe,I also would have done the same thing you did waiting, and then when I didn't get what I was supposed to get would do the same. Even though in the back of my warped little head I expect to get screwed somehow,I give the benefit of the doubt and will go above what maybe I should at times. That's what makes it easy for me to live with myself when an issue does arise.

Unfortunately, today's society doesn't think of there neighbors as brethren, they think of them as someone who can further their own personal needs.And yes it is tiring keeping your guard up all the time, but it does make you appreciate the relationships you develop with people even more.

• Like 3

Hi Jim--hope you are feeling better these days and fully recovered. My cousin recently fell off a ladder while painting his house and broke a few vertebrae.

We’ve talked before about our pasts, so i hear what you’re saying.

There have been times when i’ve been 100% truthful and the other person still doesn’t believe me--what a horrible feeling.  Initially, i’ll get mad; but, then start to feel sorry for them--it’s a horrible way to live.  I’ve said openly that i initially think the worst…not specifically of people--that’s more of a lack of trust thing; but, of situations…my mind defaults to worst case scenario. However, it doesn’t take much for me to change my mind. I don’t demand someone prove anything to me. I just have my guard up automatically.  I’m trying to be more trusting because i think that is the better way to live.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

If you guys figure out that more trust / openness angle to living by all means share the info with me, I try to treat people the way I wish to be treated. Hell with this transaction I gave the guy every chance to do the right thing

once he started the name calling that was pretty much the last straw and the deal was called

• Like 1

If we’re going to engage with another person, we run the risk of being hurt, misunderstood, or taken advantage of.  That’s the price of interaction--but, what’s the option…isolation?  I’m not good at this; but, we have to not let others dictate the person we’re going to be. We have to do the right thing because we have to live with ourselves long after the deal is done or not done.

I think you did the right thing.  You gave them a chance to make things right before you called off the deal. 

Hi Jim--hope you are feeling better these days and fully recovered. My cousin recently fell off a ladder while painting his house and broke a few vertebrae.

We’ve talked before about our pasts, so i hear what you’re saying.

There have been times when i’ve been 100% truthful and the other person still doesn’t believe me--what a horrible feeling.  Initially, i’ll get mad; but, then start to feel sorry for them--it’s a horrible way to live.  I’ve said openly that i initially think the worst…not specifically of people--that’s more of a lack of trust thing; but, of situations…my mind defaults to worst case scenario. However, it doesn’t take much for me to change my mind. I don’t demand someone prove anything to me. I just have my guard up automatically.  I’m trying to be more trusting because i think that is the better way to live.

I'm actually feeling a lot better now than what I was, still a few creeks in the back here and there. Looking forward to playing baseball again next year as well as softball.

I've gotten to a point in my life that I am feeling I'm getting to old now to continue to act how I did all these years,and part of it is due to my life, but having kids now and teaching them not to do what I did and explaining why shouldn't has been my "therapy".  BUT every now and then that little MF'er in me still pops his head up to let me know he's still in me. Kinda miss him sometimes.

If you guys figure out that more trust / openness angle to living by all means share the info with me, I try to treat people the way I wish to be treated. Hell with this transaction I gave the guy every chance to do the right thing

once he started the name calling that was pretty much the last straw and the deal was called

Look to your kids Joe, look at their happiness and innocent ways of doing things. It brings a smile to my face when I look at mine and what they are doing now. My 14 year old triplets and 11 year old are into boys and girls and my little one has his 1st real crush and she also likes him. They do everything together.

I actually go out with my older son and we point out the women/girls we like to each other. Now my girls, I tell them how much of a weasel I was with the girls and tell them exactly what it is boys are trying to do,and they know. They also see how I treat my wife and I've told all of them to ALWAYS respect whoever it is they are with and to never hit a woman.Now my 14 year olds are not so innocent anymore, but they are still a good way to step back and just take things in and remind myself how good things are. Even with issues, they could always be worse.

Heck, Monday night I choked on ribs and had to get the heimlich done to me by my wife, which she couldn't do correctly. I then had to shove a wooden cooking spoon down my throat to dislodge the food which helped. Talk about scary. That also helps put things in perspective. Especially when your little one is crying and scared as heck. Makes any issues go away for awhile.

• Like 1

Yikes Jim -- that’s pretty traumatic.  i lived alone for years and eat way too fast…i’ve often told myself to slow down because if i choked there would be nobody to help me. Glad you’re ok.

Same here with eating, I have 2 fears of how I'm going to die. Choking,and drowning. This is the 2nd time this happened to me in my life also. Once when I was 10 and got a peppermint candy lodged in my throat, and this time. Thing that saved me was not panicking.That was the one thing my mother taught me when I was young,never panic and take a second to think things out. I took a few CPR classes when the kids were born, so I learned a few things. Throat is a little sore, but I'll take that anytime. Had to also show the wife how to do it correctly and let her know she needs to think she's trying to break your ribs when squeezing the solar plexus.

I have 2 fears of how I'm going to die. Choking,and drowning.
I nearly drowned when i was about 9 years old.  I remember being underwater and not knowing what to do (didn’t know how to swim yet).  Thank God, my grandmother was on the patio and jumped in (she didn’t know how to swim either), my uncle jumped in and rescued my brother. Was afraid of the water for a few years after that.  So i spent a career in the Coast Guard and absolutely LOVE heavy seas. 
  • Like 1

LOL, I almost drowned also when I was 6. My mother took me in a lake, and threw me up in the air and into the water. I panicked as I couldn't swim and immediately locked onto a woman near by and took both of us under. I didn't go near anything with water for years. Even now, if I can't see the bottom, I don't go in if it's over my chest.

On a separate note, Joe do you have any cd's you want to sell? I'm looking for copies,not originals. LOL

• Like 2

In my mid 20's went to the lake with the (then) wife and girls, hit a beach ball out of reach and swam out to retrieve Odd thing about a ball on open water when you grab at it it just spins out from your hands, attempted to grab it a few times and realized Damn I am tired, look around and see hey the shore is pretty far away........

Panic sets in, Thankfully I told myself to keep calm, and thought simple, roll over on your back and float, then lightly kick feet till I reach shore 

Had a choking incident early 30's as well, Eating dinner and some meat (cant recall) gets stuck Scared the hell outta me, went to the sink and calmed myself then drew back and hacked / coughed as hard as I could muster and it came up Current (and last) wife was freaking out

what did I learn PANIC is the killer  :ph34r:

• Like 1

LOL, I almost drowned also when I was 6. My mother took me in a lake, and threw me up in the air and into the water. I panicked as I couldn't swim and immediately locked onto a woman near by and took both of us under. I didn't go near anything with water for years. Even now, if I can't see the bottom, I don't go in if it's over my chest.

On a separate note, Joe do you have any cd's you want to sell? I'm looking for copies,not originals. LOL

No discs.............. :D