Stereo Integrity HT 18 on closeout sale

derrickdj1

I admire you guys for recognizing a deal and moving on it immediately.  I usually think things to death, then end up procrastinating so long that I miss my window of opportunity.

I'd like to have a couple of 18"s but I don't have space for them, and I certainly don't have a plan for them.

That doesn't stop me from coveting a great deal.  B)

• Like 1

Scrappy, Derrick et al,

Which ones do you guys go with dual 2s or dual 4s?

It all depends what your amp can handle.  Do you want your amp to see a 1, 2, 4 or 8 Ohm load? 

Yea I knew as soon as I posted this it of course depends on what you need/want. Silly question, my bad.

I got two of the SI D4 drivers and put them in a dual box.  These could be wired together for a 2 or 8 ohm load.  I used one of my I Nuke 3000 DSP amp and wired them to a 4 ohm load, I think, lol.  It's a different and slightly more complex wiring but, the amp seem to not have a problem driving them at full tilt.

The I Nukes don't really like loads lower than 4 ohms.  If I recall correctly the HT SI drivers ohm load tested slightly higher than 2 and 4 ohm respectively for the D2 and D4 drivers.

The I Nuke 3000 will deliver slightly over 820 watts stereo or dual Mono and 3000 watts bridge to 4 ohm loads.  Either of these are fine for driving two HT SI drivers.  The drivers are 600 RMS.  You do not want to exceed 1000 watts because the thermal capacity of the driver with go before Xmech which is frequency/power dependent.

Edited by derrickdj1

Difference in bridge mode? Or difference in si vs ultimax?

The dual box has the SI drivers.  I switched the amp to bridge mode 4 ohm load.  It seems to provide more power on  first impression but, it may be like using the two RCA inputs on a plate amp and the only real difference is the gain structure.  The SI and UM 18 sound basically the same. 

• 1 month later...

Just got 2 of these drivers a week back. Waiting for Erich at DIYsound to come through with cabs. Took them out of their packing boxes last night to ohm out voice coils to make sure they're OK because it maybe a while before i get to building them. Anyway my first thoughts about these drivers are they sure are purdy. Its a shame they have to be put in a cabinet!

Just got 2 of these drivers a week back. Waiting for Erich at DIYsound to come through with cabs. Took them out of their packing boxes last night to ohm out voice coils to make sure they're OK because it maybe a while before i get to building them. Anyway my first thoughts about these drivers are they sure are purdy. Its a shame they have to be put in a cabinet!

Congrats on the drivers.  We will look forward to the build with pic's.  Are you going sealed 4 cu ft boxes or a Stonehenge?

I wanted to do Stonehenge but Erich says no go. He's not going to order up any more. So sealed it is. Even with the sealed for this driver he had to do a special order. So I guess this means I have to figure out how to post pictures here huh?

I wonder why no more Stonehenge?  It was a cool design with that fancy bracing.  B)

+++

Why are you going sealed?  I would think big ported box would be the way to go.

Edit:  Never mind, I just checked.  The 18" sealed is the biggest thing they have.  The only ported 18" flat pack was the Stonehenge.  FYI I have a 15" sealed sub 3.0 cuft and the flat pack Erich puts out is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  :emotion-21:

And BTW, if you find a sub box over at Parts-Express it won't hurt anybody's feelings.  Eric does those for PE.

Edited by wvu80