first a bar mitzvah, now a birthday party …

BigStewMan

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A woman is suing her 12-year-old nephew in Connecticut for $127,000 for injuries she says she suffered from his exuberant greeting at his birthday party four years ago.

The Connecticut Post reports that New York City resident Jennifer Connell says the Westport boy acted unreasonably when he leaped into her arms at his eighth-birthday party.

She says he caused her to fall to the ground and break her wrist. She is asking a six-member Superior Court jury to find the boy liable.

A listed phone number couldn't be found for the youngster's father.

The 54-year-old Connell testified she loves her nephew but thinks he should be held accountable.

She says when the child jumped she tumbled to the ground as she tried to catch him.

she thinks he acted unreasonably?  you think auntie…he was eight years old.  what’s your excuse at 54?

Edited by BigStewMan

How tasteless to steal from a child who just lost his mother.  Is the father still alive or involved in childs life?  Wow, either woman who died has a heartless sister or husband does.

There will be a spevial place in hell for this one.

Best regards,

John

Edited by John Chi-town

can you believe this part ...

But, Connell continued, her life was turned upside down as a result of the injury.

“I live in Manhattan in a third-floor walk-up so it has been very difficult,” she said. “And we all know how crowded it is in Manhattan.”

And then there is the damage the injury has done to Connell’s social life.

“I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she said.

Geez, lady…it’s hard to walk up stairs with a broken wrist? You couldn’t hold your hors d’oeuvre plate?  “WHY” I’m clinching my fist and screaming at your anguish…your life truly has been turned upside down. When i broke four ribs and two bones in my foot, yes, i was  at work less than two weeks later…but i was really lucky that i didn’t have any dinner parties to go to. you poor thing.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

update:  

BRIDGEPORT — The case of the aunt who sued her young nephew over a reckless birthday hug, may have hinged on a plate of hors d’oeuvres.

Jennifer Connell, who claimed the 8-year-old boy was negligent when he jumped in her arms, knocked her down and broke her wrist, testified last week the injury made it hard for her to hold a plate of hors d’oeuvres. 

At least one juror wrinkled her nose at that explanation.

“We just didn’t think the boy was negligent,” said the juror, who declined to be identified as she left the courthouse.

It only took 20 minutes Tuesday for six Superior Court jurors to decide Connell, 54, deserved zero in her civil claim against the boy.