RSW-15 - $350 - STL

The History Kid

Picky, how?

so what are you experiencing?

Well, it seems this sub does NOT like the powered driver close to and facing the wall, in a nut shell.  It created a horrible, for lack of a better term, "ringy-ness" throughout the entire room.  I have moved it to several different positions and found it sounds best sitting parallel to the wall, both drivers firing to the sides. post-36834-0-50420000-1448727479_thumb.j

It definitely has a different sound than the R-115.  Perhaps the highly debated and at times heated discussions of having a "musical" sub?  :ph34r:

have a lot of experience with the RSW's

Pete, have you ever heard of anyone turning the RSW-15 into a sealed unit? The thought crossed my mind to remove the passive and make a solid blank, wood cover to create a sealed sub. I like my bass super tight and this would be an easy experiment which is 100% reversible.

Thoughts?

have a lot of experience with the RSW's

Pete, have you ever heard of anyone turning the RSW-15 into a sealed unit? The thought crossed my mind to remove the passive and make a solid blank, wood cover to create a sealed sub. I like my bass super tight and this would be an easy experiment which is 100% reversible.

Thoughts?

I haven't heard of anyone doing that and based on my limited technical knowledge and box calculations that I've done for sealed subs, I don't think that would turn out well. I would have someone run the active driver parameters to calculate out what size box that would require to get good results and I believe that you're going to find that you need a box that is substantially larger. I have a couple of programs on my computer at home and if I have the information on the driver, I will plug it in, but I'm not sure I have those numbers.

I would continue to do the sub crawl until you find the best placement, but if that still isn't to your liking, it could be that the RSW just doesn't fit your needs. I love my 15's, but there are plenty of people that don't and to each their own.

• Like 1

Wow, you find, and score on the unicorn at a great price and can't seem to saddle it into your system.  

I looked for 13 months and could only find 5 offered with the best price of $600 + shipping that would've covered 2200 miles.  PASS.  

I "settled" on 2 Velodyne F-1500's.

I would still enjoy the opportunity to own 1, or 2 of those RSW-15's.  

My cherry 5's & 7's have been calling out for their short, stumpy brothers to come home & join them.

• Like 1

Wow, you find, and score on the unicorn at a great price and can't seem to saddle it into your system.

I got er' saddled Arrow :D 

- just took a little bit of that "sub crawl" to find the sweet spot.  And oh so sweet it is :emotion-21:

- the differences from the R-115 & RSW-15 are subtle yet profound

Holey baloney, did you just say you were firing the 15" woofer into the wall?

LOL - yes Dave, not a good outcome...

funny thing is that it took me a moment to figure out the rear woofer was the powered one.  Hmmm?  Who woulda thought :huh:

Edited by Matthews

• Moderators
I looked for 13 months and could only find 5 offered with the best price of $600 + shipping that would've covered 2200 miles. PASS. I "settled" on 2 Velodyne F-1500's. I would still enjoy the opportunity to own 1, or 2 of those RSW-15's. My cherry 5's & 7's have been calling out for their short, stumpy brothers to come home & join them.

Keep looking....it will be worth it.  I started with the Velodyne F1500, upgraded to the Velodyne HGS15 and then dual HGS15's.  I had the opportunity to purchase my first RSW15 and it performed better than Dual HGS15's!  You can see my RSW15 vs HGS15 comparison thread here.  After purchasing the RSW-15, I forgot that I had unhooked one of the HGS15's.  Once I realized the HGS had been unplugged and I was loving the RSW-15 by itself, I sold the HGS15 and later purchased two more RSW-15's. 

• Like 2