Basketball; Curry Madness

DizRotus

Haha…it's ok Neil. I'm surprised IU won the Big10 title, especially with 2 games remaining. They seem to get up for the big games, then blow it to a lesser team. They did have some help (thanks Purdue)

They still have to play Maryland also, then the Big10 tournament. I love this time of year :D

Just curious, do any of you root for another Big10 team when they play someone other than another Big10 team? I do. We all have our favorites, local, in-state, alma-mater, but I do find myself cheering for another Big10 team, even though they might have beaten my team at some point. 

Just curious, do any of you root for another Big10 team when they play someone other than another Big10 team?

I usually do. I've even been known to root for the Weasles, I mean Wolverines, on occasion. One of those occasions will be March 5th against Iowa. I almost always pull for a B1G team against non-conference opponents, But I must admit that a Notre Dame/U of M matchup presents a real dilemma; unfortunately, they can't both lose.

Edited by DizRotus

Spartans survived the emotions of Senior Day to easily defeat The Ohio State Buckeyes. The Wolverines also lost. Looks like that rivalry will have to play out in the NIT.

LOL!  Try a little harder next time to show your disappointment.  :lol:

The Spartans are up to #2 or #3 in the two polls. The IU game against Iowa tonight is of interest to the Spartans. Go Hawkeyes! Sorry Ceptorman.

Yeah, what's up with that?  As you know a few weeks ago when they were ranked 8th or 9th I saw them moving to a #3 ranking and a national #1 seed.

So here they are actually ranked #2/#3 in the polls and Joe Lunardi has them going out West as a #2 seed.  What the heck???

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

(the link to the actual Lunardi un-official brackets ^^^ is much easier to follow than my cut and past below)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

The Big10 is well represented (imagine an all Big10 FF)

I am by far in the camp of thinking Michigan State can make a run to the final four, but what's up with Indiana?  They win the Big 10 by 2 games and the polls have them at 11/12.  The Big 10 and Indiana in particular is getting no respect!

+++

Big 12 has 3 in the top 10, Kansas #1, OK #6 and WVU #10, and both Kansas and OU stand a good chance of getting a #1 seed. 

The big 12 should send all six of its top 25 ranked teams to the Big Dance.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/teams/_/id/8/big-12-conference

Edited by wvu80

The Big10 is well represented (imagine an all Big10 FF)

I am by far in the camp of thinking Michigan State can make a run to the final four, but what's up with Indiana?  They win the Big 10 by 2 games and the polls have them at 11/12.  The Big 10 and Indiana in particular is getting no respect!

+++

Big 12 has 3 in the top 10, Kansas #1, OK #6 and WVU #10, and both Kansas and OU stand a good chance of getting a #1 seed. 

The big 12 should send all six of its top 25 ranked teams to the Big Dance.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/teams/_/id/8/big-12-conference

I agree with IU ranked around 11 or 12. They had some lucky help with other teams losing. They get hot then turn cold, I believe right now they're playing close to their maximum ability. I hope they do well, you know when a team gets hot they can beat anybody.

• Like 1

Iowa loses to Illinois!  The wheels have fallen off the Hawkeyes bandwagon.

Any team from Iowa has just had their heads handed to them lately.

Tonight the Spartans try to defeat the Buckeyes for the 3rd time in 18 days.

Yeah, I'm sure Sparty is quaking in his armor thinking about taking on the mighty Buckeyes again.  :rolleyes:

Michigan State could play 4 against 5 against Ohio State and still win by ten.

+++

Bracketology now has the 7th ranked NC Tarheels grabbing a #1 seed and the 2nd ranked Spartans as a #2 seed.  I wonder what Joe Lunardi knows that the assembled coaches of the nation don't?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Buddy Hield of Oklahoma is still the best player in America!  What a shot at the end of the game to apparently win the game.  It turned out to be just a microsecond too late.  Hield took the ball from the opposite baseline and just over half court with 1.8 seconds left and he makes the 3 ball, but the zebras had to check the monitor to see which team won.  Hield needed 1.9 seconds.

WVU 69 Oklahoma 67

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

The BIG10 tournament teams are enjoying warm weather here in Indy. 56 yesterday and 64 today, rain tonight and tomorrow. 

Every visitor says the same thing….Indy is the perfect city for this tournament, it's clean, friendly, easy to get around, and the local hotels and restaurants do not price gouge. Indy knows how to host an event. I know the series goes to NYC for a few years, then back here for 2 years. Indy just seem like a more accessible location for most BIG10 schools. 

Indy will host the 2021 Mens Final 4, they host this year's Women's Final 4.