THEFT of La Scalas

Berks

Of all things....  I have never ever concerned myself with my LaScalas being stolen, ever.

36 years, through college and several moves afterwards in some apartments where the word got out....

I figure if someone wants them bad enough and is man enough to grab them and take them he's probably a bad-azz that I'd rather not contend with unless I had a .45 in my hand.

• Like 4

I have never ever concerned myself with my LaScalas being stolen, ever

In my mobile DJ days I used 4 Speakerlab SKhorns for the same reason.  Anyone capable of walking off with 180 lbs of plywood and components would've earned it.

One time, during a Jr. High dance, someone spun off the Atlas squawker driver.  The school principal threatened to cancel future dances unless it was returned, which it was,  Lesson learned, I enclosed the top hats with hardware cloth.

In the OP's case they stole the whole van, not just the speakers.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Of all things....  I have never ever concerned myself with my LaScalas being stolen, ever.

36 years, through college and several moves afterwards in some apartments where the word got out....

I figure if someone wants them bad enough and is man enough to grab them and take them he's probably a bad-azz that I'd rather not contend with unless I had a .45 in my hand.

Even though several 90 degree turns have to be made; several pieces of furniture, including a huge refrigerator, had to be move; a door has to be removed; they weigh close to 300 lb each; my driveway is 1/4 mile long and people worry more about being shot and never found (with good reason), I still keep a locked chain running through the handles of my MCM bass bins.   :ph34r:

• Like 2