RF-5 or RB-75

ClintonH

Odd question but for anyone that has had these which would you choose for the front stage on a HT setup? I found a set of both and the price is within $50 for the pair either or, ($600 USD)

I know they are both fairly good in there own right, I've never heard either and I am not sure a bookself would even be up to the task. These will be run with 3 JLW7 subs so 100hz and below isn't a issue.

Cool thanks guys, wife will even be happy to hear that. ;)

1. Sounds like the RB-5s are waaaayy overpriced.

2. The RB-75s most definitely ARE up to the task. Grab em while you can!

Well not really overpriced for up here, I have only ever come across RF-5's twice in the last 4-5 years looking for either them or RF-7's when I was thinking about going that way. They just are not around here in Canada.

• Moderators

I've owned both and no question....the RB-75 is a MUCH better speaker.  I honestly have never understood the hype about the RB-5ii.  I was disappointed with it.  Not that it didn't sound good, it just wasn't amazing like what others were saying about it.

Funny how every single person on here saw RB instead of RF. Rf tower is bigger than RB-75. However better compression driver in the 75.

Got us all but not the Scrapman didn't he? :unsure:  :o  :D   Good eye on your part.

Either way, I think the advantage may go to the 75's if 80Hz to 100Hz is his crossover setting.

Bill

• Moderators
Funny how every single person on here saw RB instead of RF. Rf tower is bigger than RB-75. However better compression driver in the 75.

Oops....I missed it but I wear glasses and am pretty much blind so what's everyone else's excuse?  LOL

I still think the RB-75 sounds better than the RF-5's.  The RF-5's were ok....again not amazing.

all but 2 out of 3 did yes.
lol looks like everyone did to me? maybe I'm blind  :blink: 

Good eye on your part.
i am the only one in my entire family that does not wear glasses. just lucky i guess.

Either way, I think the advantage may go to the 75's
without ever hearing either i would swing towards the 75's for the bigger CD.

all but 2 out of 3 did yes.
lol looks like everyone did to me? maybe I'm blind  :blink: 

Good eye on your part.
i am the only one in my entire family that does not wear glasses. just lucky i guess.

Either way, I think the advantage may go to the 75's
without ever hearing either i would swing towards the 75's for the bigger CD.

Lol yeah reread I thought Willland had seen the difference as his first post did not say, second one did. :lol:

Cool RB-75's it is then.

• Like 2

I haven't heard the 75s, I have an option on a pair, but cant imagine they are worth TRIPLE the RB-5s

You'll never know until you own both. ;)  :D 

Go get them.

Of all Klipsch Reference speakers I have ever desired to own, including RF-7s, RF-7IIs, RF-83s, the RB-75s were(are) my "holy grail".  Before I bought my cherry RB-75s for $650.00 shipped form Washington stae, I had opportunities for local pick up of cherry RF-7's for $450.00, cherry RF-83s for $750.00, and cherry RF-7IIs for $1300.00.  Though I would love to have all three sets of towers, the desire was never as strong as that for the RB-75s.

Bill

Wow, I can't believe I saw "RB-5".

Scrappy, I was just going to point out they are RF-5s not RB-5s

I haven't heard the 75s, I have an option on a pair, but cant imagine they are worth TRIPLE the RB-5s

Mark

Imo, they ARE worth triple. Just as used P-17's are worth 3x more than RB-75.

Wow, no love for the RF 5's? I havent heard the 75's but I do still own a pair of RF-5's and they certainly aint no slouch. Now see what you did? Now I have to add 75's to the bucket list! I love how this hobby/sickness just keeps giving!! All well, at least its still fun! 

• Like 1