ALERT!, Ms. Valerie Klipsch!

twistedcrankcammer

• Moderators

IMHPO there are many ways to lift someone's spirits, not limited to flowers, gifts, words of encouragement etc....I would personally like the opportunity to go and see her when we are down there in May and give her my time, which I would think could serve her better, but that's just my thoughts and I whole heartedly agree, that keeping things positive is the way to go. so read twice (in some cases 3 or 4x's) and post once. :D

We are hopeful that Ms.Valerie will be in good enough health to meet with us in May. On our previous meetings with Ms. Valerie she gave denim shirts with the Klipsch logo, commemorative glasses for Paul's birthday and other memorabilia to us. I'll post a pic of the denim shirts soon.

How can we not give back to someone that has treated us so graciously? Time to pay it forward!

Well now, this is the first chance iv had to sit down and take a gander at what has been going on in the main forum

First of all, Twisted has said everything i would have said, second, he can speak for me anytime.

Now on to Business, Christy you got a good week to think of something (I) as in (WE) the forum would treat her to.

More than happy to kick down a "C" note or two, you just come up with something you have NOT thought of.

Wife and i have Public Pc access so i see it wise NOT to do ANY banking on these critters, got aprox another week out of town,

I think the wife is ready for the desert, a little PalmSprings is in order day after tomarrow.

You got a week girl, think of something  :emotion-21:

Now back to real business, wife is upstairs waiting in a hot tube, and THAT sure sounds a Hella lot better than bloggin ....... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Minermark,

Thank you!!!!  I promise I'm going to work on this.....I just want to make this lady feel wanted and happy.  Your offer is generous, beyond anything we could have imagined.  I've got this and I'm going to come up with something to make Ms. Valerie's day. I want to "wow" her, she deserves it.

Once again, I'm in tears and your generosity is so greatly appreciated.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

IMHPO there are many ways to lift someone's spirits, not limited to flowers, gifts, words of encouragement etc....I would personally like the opportunity to go and see her when we are down there in May and give her my time, which I would think could serve her better, but that's just my thoughts and I whole heartedly agree, that keeping things positive is the way to go. so read twice (in some cases 3 or 4x's) and post once. :D

Pete, we are hoping to arrange a meeting with Ms. Valerie in May, in the meantime we are trying to lift her spirits.  At 100 years old, turning 101 in April, the odds aren't necessarily in our favor.

Ms. Valerie is a feisty, independent woman and her stay in rehab has robbed her of that.  She is dependent upon her caregivers, companions.  She does have two grandsons from her previous marriage, but they aren't heavily involved in her life and her son has passed away.  We are hoping to shower her with a few gifts to show our appreciation to her beloved Paul and to help rebuild her spirits.  We have received numerous donations with a very generous offer coming from another forum member.

As we have stated before, every forum member is included in the "greetings" that accompany the gift, whether they contribute or not...it's how we roll here.  

We are hopeful that Ms.Valerie will be in good enough health to meet with us in May. On our previous meetings with Ms. Valerie she gave denim shirts with the Klipsch logo, commemorative glasses for Paul's birthday and other memorabilia to us. I'll post a pic of the denim shirts soon.

How can we not give back to someone that has treated us so graciously? Time to pay it forward!

Well now, this is the first chance iv had to sit down and take a gander at what has been going on in the main forum

First of all, Twisted has said everything i would have said, second, he can speak for me anytime.

Now on to Business, Christy you got a good week to think of something (I) as in (WE) the forum would treat her to.

More than happy to kick down a "C" note or two, you just come up with something you have NOT thought of.

Wife and i have Public Pc access so i see it wise NOT to do ANY banking on these critters, got aprox another week out of town,

I think the wife is ready for the desert, a little PalmSprings is in order day after tomarrow.

You got a week girl, think of something  :emotion-21:

Now back to real business, wife is upstairs waiting in a hot tube, and THAT sure sounds a Hella lot better than bloggin ....... :ph34r: :ph34r:

This is AWESOME Dude! :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

three thumbs up :)

Rog

• Like 1

I've been away for several days on a hunting trip with my son, and I come back to see this thread, which unless I missed something, is the first dedicated thread asking for donations for gifts for Ms. Valerie.  Why such a negative, chastising tone?  I suspect that many did not see the post asking for donations buried in the "well wishes" thread.

It would seem that to get the best response for donations, a new thread would be started explaining the situation in a positive manner, with perhaps a little more definition for what is being planned with the donations.  I realize that managing a fundraising campaign is a chore, but updating current total contributions received and a listing of the donors (not necessarily the amounts by each donor) goes a long way to provide some visibility and transparency to the project.

That said, I am in for a donation, but I can see how some could be rubbed the wrong way by the first post in this thread.

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Sea dog, I have no problem providing a list of donors or a total amount contributed, however not all donors wanted to be identified. Nor do we want to make anyone feel uncomfortable that doesn't contribute. Those that wanted to identify themselves as contributors generally commented done. I did update the total donation amount a day or two ago in another thread.

Thank you for donating.

I can update totals this afternoon.

Christy

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 1

So I have read this thread along with the other related threads and would have to agree that many (most?) forum members including myself did not see the original post when it first came out.  As a long-time member, I have seen much generosity, assistance, and offers of assistance provided by Klipsch forum members, from donating cash to those in need, to donating audio gear, to buying lunch for the Klipsch factory, to purchasing flower arrangements for departed members, to just simply offering help -- audio related or otherwise.  Heck, just a few months back, someone that I don't even know offered to help me move a few hundred pounds of speakers up a flight of stairs! That's not to mention the tons of advice that is freely given out hourly all in the name of improving everyone's musical (and home theater) enjoyment.

Back on the subject of Mrs. Klipsch and her current well-being -- I did have some thoughts to share.  I'm sure all of us applaud the efforts of those that have taken the time to help with her situation. While it was stated in one of the threads that she has more than enough money to buy whatever she wants, I don't have any issues with the monetary collections for flowers, cards, and whatever gift ideas may be found.  Although I would suggest to allow people to contribute whatever they chose without expectations of minimum (or maximum) amounts as everone has different financial situations ( I wouldn't judge someone by what gear they own.  There are some that may have impressive gear but that may be all they have).  But it was that point that made me wonder of other ways to help.  As I understand it, her current dilemma is mostly regarding depression.  Here is a thought -- all of us connect to her though her husband who designed and built the speakers that brought all of us to this forum.  How about simply writing a letter to her describing how these speakers that brought all of us together have enriched our lives. Maybe describe the audio journeys that brought us to avoid the "B.S". and discover the power of Klipsch.  I'm sure she would get a kick out of the road trips that have been taken all in the name of acquiring more Klipsch speakers. I know I have several stories I could tell.  My guess is that she would delight in hearing just how much her husband's life work has had a positive impact on our musical enjoyment and the importance of that in our lives.  I am reminded of this quote from the movie Dead Poets Society but I would just as easily substitute music for poetry in this quote (or any other art form for that matter): "We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."

So my suggestion would be to augment what is already being done with personal letters hand-written (or at least hand-signed for those with poor penmanship!) to Mrs. Klipsch and sent in the mail by Klipsch forum members.  By sending them in the mail, the letters will be received in a spread out fashion (potentially daily) where early-birds and procrastinators can equally contribute to the distributed deliveries. I'm sure most on this forum can afford an envelope and stamp. For those that truly can't, I'd be willing to send them one.

Christy: this post was intended to be positive and hopefully it will be taken in that light.  My sincere apologies if that is not the case.

:)

• Like 2