Chorus series

jxn4me

Jxn4me,

Welcome to the forum.

Not necessarily an older model amp but they do to seem to open up better with some good quality power.

Not sure if your Pioneer will do the Chorus real justice but if you do get hold of a pair, try it out first before you look elsewhere.

Bill

Well, once again, here are the age old questions.....(maybe we could make this a sticky?)  hint, hint....

1.  What is your intended use of your (new) speakers?  Home theater, 2 channel, or both?

2.  What is the size and general shape of your listening space?  (including ceiling height)

3.  Is your space carpeted, tiled, hardwood floors?

4.  Type of furniture in the space?  (upholstered, wood, leather, etc.)

5.  Any acoustic treatment?

6.  Windows and window treatments?  (heavy drapes, etc)

7.  Types of music and types of movies/tv listened to.

8.  Typical volumes of music and movies

9.  Amps/AVRs used

10. Sources (CD, phono, BRD, streaming, etc)

11.  Budget

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

older smoulder this is stuff that people should have figured out about a long long time ago. There are good sounding amplifiers and then there all the others ones. So much crap that is so totally non thinking in nature that just hangs around and won't go away. Go find one that sounds good. If you have to ask then don't worry about it. Simple.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Chorus 1's.

I power them with a Yamaha AVR at 120 watts.  The receiver sounded fine with old Paradigm speakers.  But when I plugged in the Chorus pair, my world changed.  Seriously.

I see it like this.

Crap in, crap out.

It's like...... (please don't whip me for this reference) .... Bill Cosby once said:

I said to a guy, I said, "Tell me, what is it about cocaine that makes it so wonderful?", and he said, "Well, it intensifies your personality." I said, "Yes, but what if you're an a**hole?"

In other words - These speakers will intensify your listening, but if you feed 'em crap, they will intensify crap.

• Like 1