Nice Horn speakers on Youtube.

Shiva

Was perusing audio demos on youtube and found this one for those who like to give a listen to whats out there.  Sounds great through my Sennheisers. I would assume fully horn loaded speakers. 

Edited by shiva
  • Like 1

Making a long you tube recording of nice speakers makes no sense.   They can only sound as good as your pc speakers or what ever speakers you have at home.  Its not going to sound like being the room with them or anything close to it.  

What is the name of that song, I know I've heard it before and I like it.  I wouldn't mind having a two channel system like that.  Thanks for sharing.

I need that guys whole demo disc.

Toccata und Fugue in D minor.  J.S. Bach

I thought it was the theme song to Rollerball :)

Edited by shiva

Making a long you tube recording of nice speakers makes no sense. They can only sound as good as your pc speakers or what ever speakers you have at home. Its not going to sound like being the room with them or anything close to it.

I know what you're getting at, but not exactly true. You can tell a lot about how a speakers sounds from these videos based off of the room reverb. You can also get a basic idea of the general "voice" of the speaker.

For example, look up the video of the Palladium P-39s at the Munich high end audio expo. You can easily hear the room reacting during the Metallica song.

• Like 1

Maybe it's a sign I've lived in Canada for most of my life, but when I hear the sound of a big organ in a really big room, the first thing that comes to my mind is hockey!

For your viewing and listening pleasure, here's my favourite version of Toccata & Fugue, as performed by Vanessa Mae:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euOu89d3npA

If you liked that, you might like her interpretation of a famous piece by Vivaldi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgb0jK143MI

Irrelevant bit of trivia:  Vanessa Mae skied in the 2014 Winter Olympics, representing Thailand, her father's homeland.  Her skiing skills are not exactly Olympic-standard, so it's not surprising that she finished last in the giant slalom, but the snow conditions were so poor that many top skiers were unable to complete the course without falling.  Anyway, a downhill ski racer from Thailand is kind of like a Jamaican bobsledder:  the fact that they do it at all is more important than how well they do it.

There were accusations that some tricky business was involved in making her eligible to compete, but they were dismissed in court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3382381/Vanessa-Mae-wins-battle-Olympic-disqualification-overturned.html

Sorry for hijacking the thread like this, but she's a babe and she makes great music, with both electric and acoustic instruments.

Making a long you tube recording of nice speakers makes no sense. They can only sound as good as your pc speakers or what ever speakers you have at home. Its not going to sound like being the room with them or anything close to it.

I know what you're getting at, but not exactly true. You can tell a lot about how a speakers sounds from these videos based off of the room reverb. You can also get a basic idea of the general "voice" of the speaker.

For example, look up the video of the Palladium P-39s at the Munich high end audio expo. You can easily hear the room reacting during the Metallica song.

Oh so my PC speakers will let me know how good those speakers sound in real life?   I never said that you can't tell something about them from a video just saying that its not going to be anywhere close to being there.  I would not watch a you tube video to demo speakers to purchase.  

You said that the existence of those videos makes no sense.

I'm saying that there are still observable qualities, so the videos aren't exactly useless.

Oh I agree they are not totally useless.   You can look at the speakers then imagine how good they will sound when you get them. 

I'm saying that there are still observable qualities, so the videos aren't exactly useless.

Oh I agree they are not totally useless.   You can look at the speakers then imagine how good they will sound when you get them. 

That made me chuckle...

Mark

Videos such as these are not for listening through computer speakers and they take on whole new dimension when listening through a good or decent pair of over ear headphone, not ear buds. Through headphones in this vid, you can hear the great quality of this speaker, how effortless it plays, how dynamic it is, what nice bass articulation it has, how good it is on vocals, when listening to the later Jazz number.  How nice it sounds on piano music. It is also a really nice quality recording as far as youtube vids go.  Obviously, it is only a small representation of the speaker, but it is a good one.

Edited by shiva