Ulcers

Jeff Matthews

Exercise can also become addictive, but no one will claim "it's glandular."

Really?

What's the gland responsible for endorphin rush?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I figured the quotation marks would more than satisfy the need for any smiley face, at least for educated people who also have a sense of humor.

I'm well versed in the pituitary gland, but feel exercise is more worthwhile than being fat in respect to "glans."

That's the risk of sarcasm.

And a second joke.

Yeah sure I believe in will power.

try exercising it, with regard to abstaining from this forum.

I'm pretty sure that's what all these moderators refer to as uncivil behavior. Or do you have special permission?

Oh I'm pretty sure that I'm being quite civil, especially when compared to the epic backstage temper tantrum and exit of Mark Deneen in 2015.

Actually, you're not in the least bit civil. But I understand completely how you and ceca are free of any moderator rules. But, while they are willing to look the other way, I'm under no such obligation to you, and will simply point it out when I see it.

I've noticed entire families being either obese, average or thin. Is it hereditary, the kids imitating the adults, or is mom just a good cook?

I've noticed that fat families tend to have fat pets, too.

What do you think when you see those "fat" people?

i think we simply have different opinions on the matter of civility. considering that we live in different regions of the country and are separated by a substantial generational gap, it's quite plausible that our definitions don't align. it's just something we shall have to work through if we are going to coexist in the place of neutral territory.

I've noticed entire families being either obese, average or thin. Is it hereditary, the kids imitating the adults, or is mom just a good cook?

I've noticed that fat families tend to have fat pets, too.

What do you think when you see those "fat" people?

That they are fat because they eat too much.

• Like 1

That's it----no sympathy, empathy, compassion, disgust? Just, "he eats too much."  

How about anger regarding the cost of health insurance and waste of resources?

Is that what you feel?

I just thought you missed at least one possible emotion, as well as my 2nd joke.

But, since you asked, I'll tell you a story. At one point in my life, I thought that bigger pants was the solution. Now, at 48 years old, I weigh the same as I did when graduating high school and have a BMI of 21.7

Are you overweight? If so, the degree of your obesity will speak more to my response than a less quantified question on your part.

That's it----no sympathy, empathy, compassion, disgust? Just, "he eats too much."  

A little of it all.  What about you?

My first thought is sympathy. The life span chart for high BMI is not very good. Second thought is curiosity about the causes for that case. And sometimes depending on who it is, a compassionate feeling of wanting to help in some way. 

I meant to add, that I feel bad that there is so much "fat shaming" in the culture. A tremendous amount of misunderstanding, hence my argument throughout the thread about the causes of obesity NOT always being a moral cause (lack of responsibility). 

Edited by jo56steph74

How about anger regarding the cost of health insurance and waste of resources?

Is that what you feel?

I just thought you missed at least one possible emotion, as well as my 2nd joke.

But, since you asked, I'll tell you a story. At one point in my life, I thought that bigger pants was the solution. Now, at 48 years old, I weigh the same as I did when graduating high school and have a BMI of 21.7

Are you overweight? If so, the degree of your obesity will speak more to my response than a less quantified question on your part.

I am not over weight. My BMI is the same as yours.

I meant to add, that I feel bad that there is so much "fat shaming" in the culture. A tremendous amount of misunderstanding, hence my argument throughout the thread about the causes of obesity NOT always being a moral cause (lack of responsibility). 

Why do you think the CFO and COO of McDonalds are slender? Education, willpower, genetics, or something else?

Why do you think the CFO and COO of McDonalds are slender? Education, willpower, genetics, or something else?

I don't even know the names of who you are referring to, let alone anything about their weight, education, or psychology. I couldn't possibly guess about your question. 

Edited by jo56steph74