Small Fireproof Safes

JJkizak

Anyone know of a good brand of fireproof boxes that doesn't have cheesy plastic locks? Not interested in security just fireproof.

JJK

Invest in a small gun safe, they have different fire ratings and thickness gauge of steel.

Make it a GOOD one, spend the money for added fire protection and especially heavier gauge steel!!!!

Do a little research on YouTube as well, they have videos of a lot of the smaller safes like the one you are talking about, including one my mom bought for about $400. 

On most of those little safes, you can take a hand held circular saw with a carbide tipped blade, lay the mini safe on it's side, and saw continuously around the top, sides and bottom, and take it apart in two halves in under about 2 minutes. On most of these safes, the fire protection is gypsum, or drywall between two thin gauge pieces of steel, and if I know this, the thieves sure a heII do! 

Roger

• Like 1

Anyone know of a good brand of fireproof boxes that doesn't have cheesy plastic locks? Not interested in security just fireproof.

JJK

Invest in a small gun safe, they have different fire ratings and thickness gauge of steel.

Make it a GOOD one, spend the money for added fire protection and especially heavier gauge steel!!!!

Do a little research on YouTube as well, they have videos of a lot of the smaller safes like the one you are talking about, including one my mom bought for about $400. 

On most of those little safes, you can take a hand held circular saw with a carbide tipped blade, lay the mini safe on it's side, and saw continuously around the top, sides and bottom, and take it apart in two halves in under about 2 minutes. On most of these safes, the fire protection is gypsum, or drywall between two thin gauge pieces of steel, and if I know this, the thieves sure a heII do! 

Roger

It's primarily for storing car titles, stuff like that.

JJK

On most of those little safes, you can take a hand held circular saw with a carbide tipped blade, lay the mini safe on it's side, and saw continuously around the top, sides and bottom, and take it apart in two halves in under about 2 minutes.

Fire rating and theft rating are two different things.  You can get fire resistant, theft resistant or fire AND theft resistant safes.

If it's small enough to carry out of your house,it probably will be and not by you. Never say never. Find a spot out of the way for a gun safe. Not that expensive. They are usually good for an hour of fire on the average. Or just get a safety deposit box, but generally my house is better guarded than the bank.

• Like 1