Brain freeze.......... literally.

oscarsear

Something that I thought was interesting....  I recently had my nose worked on (some polyps and deviated septum to go with my deviated personality)

While talking to the surgeon, he said one thing they do with some types of brain cancer...  go through the nose, into the sinus cavity and cut a hole in the skull inside the sinus cavity.  Drop the bone plate, revealing the cancer.  Operate on the cancer and replace the bone plate.

Just amazes me with some of the things they can do.  Who thinks of this stuff??!!

Something that I thought was interesting....  I recently had my nose worked on (some polyps and deviated septum to go with my deviated personality)

While talking to the surgeon, he said one thing they do with some types of brain cancer...  go through the nose, into the sinus cavity and cut a hole in the skull inside the sinus cavity.  Drop the bone plate, revealing the cancer.  Operate on the cancer and replace the bone plate.

Just amazes me with some of the things they can do.  Who thinks of this stuff??!!

If ya really wanna a skin crawler look up 'icepick lobotomy'.  

Did it work?

Did it work?

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/pituitarytumors/detailedguide/pituitary-tumors-treating-surgery

It's easy--Three Stooges screw around trying to get to the cancer in the brain and one of them says "through the nose you idiot" and the other says "POOP POOP POOP you go first" then the other says "gimmi that knife",

There was a documentary on PBS about the Cleveland Clinic's latest technique for replacing a heart valve in about 30 seconds with a doctor operating a robot dingus going up the left vein to the heart with a compressed mechanical valve with the patient still breathing but sedated instead of cutting open the chest and spreading the rib cage out for access to the heart. They were absolutely giddy over this new machine. These were the top two dudes in the Clinic. 

JJK

Really smart neurosurgeons working closely with medical device manufacturers.  

Edited by Seadog