Sending One Out to Daddy Dee

thebes

Heard this tonight for the first time in many, many years.  This one always plucked at my heart strings. First, it's got great harmonies, 2nd, ah forget about  the details, it's just a great song, superbly sung.

So how do I share this with someone?  Because this is one of those songs that should be shared.

First person I thought of, maybe given his line of work,  was Dee.  Somehow, I'm thinking he either liked, or certainly would have, liked this song. 

So I'm sending it your way Daddy with warm thoughts.

Little Jimmy Brown, or also called "Three Bells:" by The Browns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJCvPhqcY9A

• Like 2

Somehow, I'm thinking he either liked, or certainly would have, liked this song.

Utterly no doubt about it.  Didn't listen, as the moment I read the title it started playing in my head.  Yep, that would be the story of his life.

Dee and I had many theological discussions (offline, of course) and he fed my spirit as he reacted to some of my rather different takes on faith which could be the case in point for why such discussion isn't allowed here.  :D

But we shared a love for that "old time religion" (say, 15 centuries or more ago) and for thinking and sharing...and learning.

He was a giant, an unsung hero.  Looking forward to continuing our discourse without TOS being an issue...if I am allowed anywhere near him at that time.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis

Dave

• Like 1