FS: Cigarbum's Peach with NOS Amperex 6922s

jwc

The case is beautiful.  Dark.  Works flawless.  No hum or hiss in the systems demoed at my house.  He had them mated with VRD's at his House....worked great there too.

Audiocaps, three 6922 Amperex tubes with orange "PQ" lettering.  Don't know the hours.

This preamp has some serious "spooky" 3D imaging like i've never heard before.  I'm not exaggerating.  Highs dance around the room.  The LoZ mode with all three tubes going will stump you.

$1050 shipped ground insured with check sent to Cigarbum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7kNyDXZQqM

post-14392-0-29960000-1456714833_thumb.j

post-14392-0-77320000-1456714888_thumb.j

post-14392-0-17320000-1456714912_thumb.j

post-14392-0-63720000-1456714934_thumb.j

post-14392-0-01040000-1456714965_thumb.j

I can't believe this has not sold yet.  It is the best sounding JMA audio unit I ever heard and is also the most beautiful.  Auricap output caps.  Pics do not do the case justice.  It is a true wood workers work of art.  Cigarbum barely used the unit.  The controls are all tight, and feel like brand new to me compared to my heavily used Peach.

This unit is a steal.

No one should ever worry about any needed service as well as NOSValves services these things if they ever need it.  I have had mine for around 12 years and it has never failed.

So this piece matches well with VRD's?

ABSOLUTELY! As a past owner of both (Peach / VRD) I can tell you that they are a great match. I have had the opportunity to see and hear this unit at Bob's home as well as seeing CigarBum's outstanding woodworking skills and there is no reason to second guess this piece. I have also used a Peach with several different SS McIntosh, Emotiva XPA-1, XPA-3 and XPA-5 and Sansui; it matched well with all.

edit: full disclosure, the XPA-1s didn't match with my Belles...too much gain thus floor noise

Edited by USNRET