Doesn't get any better than this....

jimjimbo

Even if you are not a golf fan.....take just a little while out of your busy life to watch the highlights of the greatest round of golf, played by the greatest player in history, in the greatest tournament of them all...

Jack Nicklaus wins the 1986 Masters.

Tomorrow night at 9PM EST on Golf Channel.

http://www.golfchannel.com/jack-nicklaus-1986-masters-documentary/

• Like 3

Even if you are not a golf fan.....take just a little while out of your busy life to watch the highlights of the greatest round of golf, played by the greatest player in history, in the greatest tournament of them all...

Jack Nicklaus wins the 1986 Masters.

Tomorrow night at 9PM EST on Golf Channel.

http://www.golfchannel.com/jack-nicklaus-1986-masters-documentary/

I was there that final day.  We did left before it ended. :(  Should have stayed to witness history in the making.

Single most exciting sporting event I have ever attended.

I thought Tiger was the best ever?

Second best. ;)

Bill 

Edited by willland

For those of you who can see on TV how beautiful Augusta National is, in person with the smell of the tall pines and dogwoods and the greenest grass south of Kentucky bluegrass, it is about as close to heaven as you can get on earth.  A very surreal experience.

With Nicklaus winning in 86 made it that much more of an experience.

Bill

Edited by willland

Attending the Masters is absolutely at the pinnacle of my list.  The whole aura of the club, how the course is cared for, and so many other things that the public probably doesn't even know, at least to me just lends to the status of this tournament as the top tier.  

Attending the Masters is absolutely at the pinnacle of my list.  The whole aura of the club, how the course is cared for, and so many other things that the public probably doesn't even know, at least to me just lends to the status of this tournament as the top tier.  

I went with my best friend that I have known since we were 5(46 years and counting) and his father who has had a lifetime pass since forever.  About 15 years or so ago my friend(Jim) was chosen to have his name entered into a lottery because he was the son of a ticket holder and what do you know, his name was one of chosen ones to receive lifetime passes.  A few years later Jim called me up on a Thursday and asked if I wanted to meet him in Augusta to watch the Saturday and Sunday rounds.  I was really bummed because I already had plans that weekend. :(   He needs to give me a little more notice next time. :o  ;)  :D .

Bill

• Like 1

Mr. Nicklaus didn't win in a playoff, Norman lost to Larry Mize in a playoff in 87 when Mize holed out from off the green

Mark

You are very correct on that.  I guess after 29.98 years my memory has failed some. :unsure:  :D

Bill

because I already had plans that weekend.

Those must have been some REALLY important plans.....like your own wedding, or a child's birth..... 

I definitely can't remember what was "so important" that I could not go the The Masters.

Bill

Mr. Nicklaus didn't win in a playoff, Norman lost to Larry Mize in a playoff in 87 when Mize holed out from off the green

Mark

You are very correct on that.  I guess after 29.98 years my memory has failed some. :unsure:  :D

Bill

And I happen to be SLIGHTLY OCD when it comes to golf, for whatever the reason, I can almost list all the winners back to about 1950.

Who can give me the year this book was published in a limited run of around 250 copies? Augusta doesn't release total #s printed.

post-48599-0-29520000-1459891597_thumb.j

• Moderators

Yep, and I was there.......at Harbor Shores, just a little bit north of me.  My son in law and I went up, watched the clinic that the 4 of them put on before they played 18 holes.  Really hot and humid that day.....Arnie was not tolerating the heat very well, but he soldiered on through the round, and rode in a cart most of the way.  Watson and Nicklaus were super nice, and Tom played great.  Johnny Miller acted like exactly the jerk that I though he was.....We were standing just behind the green, almost exactly in line with Jack's putt.  Never forget it....

• Moderators
Yep, and I was there.......at Harbor Shores, just a little bit north of me.  My son in law and I went up, watched the clinic that the 4 of them put on before they played 18 holes.

You were very lucky to be part of that.

I had seen that in the news a while back, I thought it was just perfect the way the whole thing went down, it couldn't have gone better. 

I don't think it will happen unless the wind is up again today, but it would be F*CKING AWESOME if Bernhard could pull this off at 58 years old.

Turn the fans on high in Augusta!

Mark

I agree, and I will be pulling for him.  My prediction though is for Jordan to run away with it.  He made a bunch of mistakes yesterday, and I'd bet he spent a lot of time on the range last night.