older klipschorns for me?

joebass

OK, I have the opportunity to score some older klipschorns  for cheap. model KD, so I think they are from the sixties. Are these desirable? Are they on the same level of performance as newer ones? I sure don't need them, as I have too many speakers now, the only corners I have are in my shop, so that's where they will be, and I already have klf10s, epic CF-4, and a few other speakers out there, but I'm so curious about the klipschorns.

If you lose interest in "up-grades," then you are losing interest in better sound.  The trail doesn't end with K-horns. Then comes K-horns driver and horn upgrades, then comes the pondering of just taking down a set of Jubilees with the big 402's etc. etc.    K-horns all over the US are very reasonably priced in the used market right now.  Make sure you have good corners or are willing to build false walls or a budget encloser of them.

your epics will be hard to beat.. but the k-horn should be capable of doing that.  im not too familiar with the older k-horns, im sure someone else will chime in, but i think the older ones have the less desireable crossovers & being as old as they are could probably use an upgrade/replace of the caps.

if they are a good price to you then by all means get them.  if you dont like them im sure you can resell to get your money back.