P39 Palladiums no reserve

mustang guy

Well if it is "customary" to charge for footwork...then to all of those whom I have sold gear to...."You got a heck of a deal".....

Customary for whom?  I would never think of charging for my time to replace caps, or spiff up a cabinet finish, or go and find some packaging materials.  Just a cost of doing business.

With all the astute audiophiles in the forum and those with this thread I'm surprised no one has found or commented as to why the Palladiums aren't imaging as expected. Am I the only one to notice A1UC has all cables lying directly on the carpeted floor? Directly on the floor I tell you! And to think the vast amount of gear that has been bought/sold looking for nirvana that will Never be accomplished with such a haphazard set up. Bridge those cables, rise above the static laden carpet, span the heights of suspended cables, either fly over or tunnel under but get those damn things off the floor! Problem solved, audio bliss. You've reached the end of the rainbow !

With all the astute audiophiles in the forum and those with this thread I'm surprised no one has found or commented as to why the Palladiums aren't imaging as expected. Am I the only one to notice A1UC has all cables lying directly on the carpeted floor? Directly on the floor I tell you! And to think the vast amount of gear that has been bought/sold looking for nirvana that will Never be accomplished with such a haphazard set up. Bridge those cables, rise above the static laden carpet, span the heights of suspended cables, either fly over or tunnel under but get those damn things off the floor! Problem solved, audio bliss. You've reached the end of the rainbow !

lol what a bunch of BS

I had an issue with a fire place that had to be fixed , I took the time and fixed it . My system with the josephs images just fine now . 

The Klipsch P39's are to large of a speaker for that room Im trying to do my best with them . As for the power cables on the floor that's a good one ,

wouldn't one notice the 80" glass on the wall being an issue before some cables . 

Even if the P39's don't workout in that room I will be keeping them until I move into a larger home to give them a chance

Edited by A1UC

Well if it is "customary" to charge for footwork...then to all of those whom I have sold gear to...."You got a heck of a deal".....

Customary for whom?  I would never think of charging for my time to replace caps, or spiff up a cabinet finish, or go and find some packaging materials.  Just a cost of doing business.

That is probably why you didn't retire at the age of 45 , it costs me money to drive 2 hours at 9 mpg  why should I do it for free

No sir, not me. But i do admire his wardrobe! Just thought to liven up A1 posts I'd throw a bit of snake oil audio philosophy into the mix. I can honestly say that my new Wright 2a3 gear equipped with old school captive power cords like the vintage Mc gear sound mighty fine. Seems the blue fire is getting where it needs to be.

Subtotal $7,350.00

Shipping $298.17

And 4 hours of my time to go to the hub to pick them up by the way what does a lawyer get for 4 hours of there time ?

Is it customary to charge for the footwork in taking possession of a purchase? If so, I've been selling my used cars for too cheap. I should have included the drive to the dealership and the time for haggling over the price when I bought them new.

Yes it is customary to charge for "footwork."

However, they are now one owner generation older. Additionally, they have incurred wear and tear from another move, repositioning probably took its toll and playing it through your inferior equipment didn't do them any good. ;-O

Geez...I better stop befoe you have to pay me to take them off your hands!

befoe ? you from Oklahoma

I live in the Sooner state and take offense at that. The word we would use is fixing, as in 'Before too much longer you will be fixing to pay me to take them off your hands'.

Please don't insult us Okies, it is bad enough we have to put up with Texans.

Subtotal $7,350.00

Shipping $298.17

And 4 hours of my time to go to the hub to pick them up by the way what does a lawyer get for 4 hours of there time ?

Is it customary to charge for the footwork in taking possession of a purchase? If so, I've been selling my used cars for too cheap. I should have included the drive to the dealership and the time for haggling over the price when I bought them new.

Yes it is customary to charge for "footwork."

However, they are now one owner generation older. Additionally, they have incurred wear and tear from another move, repositioning probably took its toll and playing it through your inferior equipment didn't do them any good. ;-O

Geez...I better stop befoe you have to pay me to take them off your hands!

befoe ? you from Oklahoma

I live in the Sooner state and take offense at that. The word we would use is fixing, as in 'Before too much longer you will be fixing to pay me to take them off your hands'.

Please don't insult us Okies, it is bad enough we have to put up with Texans.

I'm an Okie too, and I'm OK with that.