VRD Tube Orientation...Confusion (mine)

SilverSport

Help me out guys...I'm trying to remember...when installing Tubes in the VRDs you install the tubes the way they are shown in Craig's illustration photo or would you mirror them on the second amp???

Bill

Edited by silversport

Because they are smartly laid out  :)  Speaker jacks on the outside, power in the middle, and RCA inputs on the inside. Wires don't cross! Take a look at the back panels... EVERY amp should be like this. It looks better too!! Says "custom"....

Edited by paul79
  • Like 2

You are correct about the mono layout.  The stereo version layout actually is mirrored.  From left to right in the front they are 12au7, 12ax7, 12ax7, and 12au7.  They DO sound better when you put them in the correct slots!

thanks everyone and muel...don't confuse the issue...  ;)

Bill

Edited by silversport

You are correct about the mono layout.  The stereo version layout actually is mirrored.  From left to right in the front they are 12au7, 12ax7, 12ax7, and 12au7.  They DO sound better when you put them in the correct slots!

thanks everyone and fuel...don't confuse the issue...  ;)

Bill

Confused?   I'm still on pain meds following shoulder surgery... who knows what I might say.  :wacko: