and yet ANOTHER set of La Scala in the queue

Matthews

Proud of what you did --Very much. Lars

Making me blush, kind Sir :blush:

I am not much for black speakers anymore but there is something about this pair?  Gonna have a hard time letting them go.  Almost wanting to take them back apart and doing even BETTER :wacko:

Your comments, much appreciated !!!

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

"am not much for black speakers anymore but there is something about this pair?  Gonna have a hard time letting them go.  Almost wanting to take them back apart and doing even BETTER  :wacko:"

In your post, I LOVE that word, the concept, "Better"

It shows you have gained not only technical experience, but infinately more important, CONFIDENCE.   Lars

I , and I'm sure others, would love to see some close photos of the finished project. The finish is what I mean. Lars

They are not perfect.  There were holes around all of the edges from the DIY metal banding and screws sunk all the way around the tops. You can't see any of that from a listening position but if you get close up, all are there.  I will pull them back out tomorrow and get some more photos. Here are a couple I already have...

post-36834-0-28160000-1462064764_thumb.jpost-36834-0-22960000-1462064777_thumb.j

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Most fillers will typically "sink" enough to affect the reflection.

Very common.

Just another example of most stuff "not as simple" as most think.

VERY rare  to do most any project (IF you have not done it numerous times the SAME WAY)) without imperfections and "I should haves"

Lars

• Like 1

Block sanding the entire cabinet beforehand, between primer coats filling in with easy to sand filler and between paint coats will fix any surface imperfections.

Without a downdraft spray booth it is near impossible to get a flawless finish.

• Like 1

VERY rare to do most any project (IF you have not done it numerous times the SAME WAY)) without imperfections and "I should haves"

Yeah, I have never spray painted something this large and was not really sure what to expect.  Just did the best I could with what I had.  Knew the gloss was really going to show the imperfections but they turned out much better than my envisioned fears. 

Really not sure what I am going to do with them now?  The person whom I originally had in mind for these is not getting the WAF ok, bummer.  Too Big!  Maybe I will just hang on to them until that special person crosses my path?  They are nicely tucked in my dinning area so storage is not a big deal.  Some sweet badges will be here next week. 

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

Got a buyer for these already?

Not sure what I will do with them, "Grizz".  I certainly don't need them...  No buyer, at the moment.  Not sure what to even ask for them, $1500?  All I know is what I have in em'.  

I , and I'm sure others, would love to see some close photos of the finished project.

A couple of photos of the tops, Lars :emotion-21:

post-36834-0-46080000-1462101385_thumb.jpost-36834-0-61800000-1462101394_thumb.j

These are the worst parts of this pair.  Everything else turned out very good  :)

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

After much thought, I would really like to see these find a new home!

So, here is the deal.  I have $950 in these speakers.  This excludes my time, labor and gasoline. 

About the internals of this close serial matched 1975 pair:

- K33E woofers

- K55V mids

- K77 tweets

- AA crossovers (freshly recapped)

Some sexy vintage badges will be here this week. 

PM me if there is any interest.  I will be taking some "money shot" photos next week once the badges arrive.  After that, they will be listed for sale, at a steep profit.  This is your chance, Forum Members.  I am really not interested in making much money off these if they go to a good home, here.

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

edit: amp trades considered

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 2

Don't do anything rash just because one person backed out! Those are very nice and someone will be all over them. I know you have an additional pair in rehab that you are helping a friend bring back to life. He may be able to sell those when he finishes for what you are currently asking for these beauties. He may want the upgrade. Finish his out, sell them and he gets the bonus of having a pair that look as nice as these. I realize patience is not your strong suit, but may pay off in this case. Slow down, grasshopper.

• Like 1

Almost wanting to take them back apart and doing even BETTER

Your a sick sick man ;) 

Those look fantastic Matt...... another two thumbs up for ya :emotion-21:  :emotion-21: 

Ever think about changing  your forum name........... something like........Mr. LaScala.....or Matt's LaScala rehab center......or maybe..... LaScala Matt.....lol lol.... Yea  i'm just saying dumb shitt again... :unsure2:

Ya know I did work for a guy that was named Jim LaScala and his shop's name was LaScala Motorworks.....but he didn't have any LaScala's...

Again...... GREAT work my man.....

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Your a sick sick man Those look fantastic Matt...... another two thumbs up for ya Ever think about changing your forum name........... something like........Mr. LaScala.....or Matt's LaScala rehab center......or maybe..... LaScala Matt.....lol lol.... Yea i'm just saying dumb shitt again... Ya know I did work for a guy that was named Jim LaScala and his shop's name was LaScala Motorworks.....but he didn't have any LaScala's... Again...... GREAT work my man..... MKP :-)

Thanks, "MKP" :D

LOL - "Matt's LaScala rehab center"?  Must contain the new name coined by our very own, Sir Mookie, "La Bella" :)

Your kind comments, much appreciated!

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪