and yet ANOTHER set of La Scala in the queue

Matthews

looked it up, it was Tasdom that gave them the LaBelle name (after Patty LaBelle) you later transitioned to the LaBella title. Doubt if anyone else cared but it was bugging me. Mystery solved!

I will withdraw my plagiarism lawsuit.

Carry on...... :)

• Like 2

After much thought, I would really like to see these find a new home!

So, here is the deal. I have $950 in these speakers. This excludes my time, labor and gasoline.

About the internals of this close serial matched 1975 pair:

- K33E woofers

- K55V mids

- K77 tweets

- AA crossovers (freshly recapped)

Some sexy vintage badges will be here this week.

PM me if there is any interest. I will be taking some "money shot" photos next week once the badges arrive. After that, they will be listed for sale, at a steep profit. This is your chance, Forum Members. I am really not interested in making much money off these if they go to a good home, here.

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

edit: amp trades considered

text sent!

I think your finished product looks great, especially considering the minimal cost of the refinish.

You got like around  $75 in sandpaper, filler, and coatings for refinish

Respectfully, I'm sure they are not quite the same as a pro classic car painters work, but for like $1500  or whatever less, YAA.  Looks great !  Lars

• Like 1

How much pleasure did you get doing the spraying????

Ventilation became a big problem very quickly.  Had a fan running with window open but just not enough air exchange.  Nearly made me sick.  Took about an hour-and-half to shoot them.

Great work and I haven't read through everything yet, but find a nice HVLP set up, it's all you need for doing this type of work and being able to control the pattern and volume as well as the proper tip size for the material you're working with will become simple in a short period of time. 

• Like 1