AVR dead

CHASLS2

Yes it does. Now it all seems to be fine.  At first it would not work with my OPPO83 that is also not working right, or another BD player or the optical from my TV. Now everything seems to be fine.

The OPPO83 has been nothing but trouble sicne i bought it years ago. Went back to OPPO for repair around 3 years ago.  The OPPO locks up on power up many times and you have to hold in the power button.  I have two much older Pioneer Elite 51FD and 05 FD that never gave me trouble.  Seems you can't get pre outs anymore on the cheaper AVR's  

• Like 2

I guess the OPPO caused the AVR to act funny.  The OPPO83 will lock up when HELLO comes up the BD player 5 out of 10 times on power up. I had a SC35 blow out on me that was only 14 month old before i bought the SC61.  So i think all is well now with the AVR.

I had to do a reset on my 85 the other day... first time ever for several elites I have owned. It wasnt that big of a deal other than I hadnt saved my settings save for distance measurements.

On a side note, and perhaps all psychological effects, but I think the unit sound much better after the reset.

I had the system all mcacc'ed out and eq'ed and now I am running the system flat and I think it sounds much better now even though I could previously switch to flat. the sound is a bit forward, but I think with my new XO's coming it will be good.

Do you have the latest firmware in your OPPO?  They'll send you a disc for free if you need one.

Just get a $39.00 high quality Insignia BDP from BB.  They are high quality, aren't they?

I bought a hacked Sony BD player to play a zone B disk i bought and it does just as good. Not spending 300 or more for any BD player again.

Do you have the latest firmware in your OPPO?  They'll send you a disc for free if you need one.

No.  But it is not a firmware problem. It's doing the same thing i sent it in for the last time.  It will be going in the trash.  I am throwing out most of my system this year.  The 05 FD and 51FD BD players are going as well.  Just way too slow.

Edited by CHASLS2