Forte II, why so bass shy?

vondy

I have Forte 1's and they have tons of bass. I am running them with a Denon avr 2805. If you are using an AVR  receiver and a subwoofer it could be a subwoofer phase problem. If you are using a HT system and no subwoofer make sure the HT settings show no sub.If it thinks there is one it may send all low frequency (depending on the settings) below 120 hz to the sub eliminating all the bass from your Forte's. Since you have a HT receiver, it will most likely default to expecting a sub and you would need to disable it in the programming if don't have one. I am just speculating, not assuming that you didn't already do this. To the rest of us here, I installed the Crites Titanium tweeter diaphragms last night. It took about 30 minutes to complete both speakers. There is a much enhanced upper range with better clarity. As the forum has indicated, it was likely the biggest bang for the buck with improvement. Thank you all who have posted your upgrades successes.  

Edited by takeflight12

One way to check the phase is to use a 1.5 volt battery with leads. Connect the + terminal of the battery to the + terminal of the speaker (red) and - to the ground (black) and see if both speaker woofers move forward with the low DC voltage. The speaker will move with the applied DC and stay in the energized position. It is just a touch with the DC to check motion of the the woofer. If they both move forward then the phase is correct.

Edited by takeflight12

• 4 years later...
16 hours ago, Mallette said:

KG4 is the better speaker...but the Forte should be able to keep up. Something not right there.\

Dave

KG4 is the better speaker than forte 1, 2, or 3 ???  Never heard that before & would have to disagree...  I own kg4s & have owned forte1 & currently own forte2... the KG4 doesnt even come close to fortes in any category. 

• Like 3