SOLD Yamaha B2 VFET amp, fully restored SOLD

Breakdown7

THIS IS SOLD

Up for sale is my Yamaha B2 amp.  I purchased it from the original owner. It had been in storage for the past 15 years.  I had them both restored/recapped and the system now sings beautiful together. It has a very special sound character that must be experienced to describe. Beautiful midrange that I've never experienced with solid-state amps. This is probably due to the VFET circuit. I can do $975 + shipping.

Service work to the B2 amp as follows:

-Replaced the 16 small electrolytic caps on the power supply board and driver boards.
-Replaced the 4 adjustment trimmers on the driver boards
-Replaced the 2 protection relays
-Replaced the 4 meter bulbs
-Installed heat sinks on 8 of the transistors on the driver boards since they run very hot
-Contact cleaned the controls and switches
-Touched up questionable solder joints
-Removed the 3 power supply regulators and freshened up the thermal paste

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0284.JPG

Was Nelson Pass involved with that amp? I have heard a B2x and it really sounded nice. I'd like to have it but I am married and intend to stay that way ;)

I do not believe PaPa Pass was involved with this amp. I do know he loves VFET's though.  There is a host of info out there about that.  Pretty fun reading.  The Yamaha B2X was the successor to my B2 amp, and lots of guys think a step down in sound quality.  I've never heard a B2X myself personally, so I can't comment further on that.  

• 2 weeks later...