"LaScalia"s in Chicago

tlarwa

The contact name is "Shalem."  Contact by phone or text only.  The phone is registered in Idaho.

And he's asking for more than 2X the typical resell price on his speakers for which he doesn't even know how to spell the name correctly?  "La Scala" can be easily read on the label he's posted.

Hmmm. 

Edited by wvu80

The contact name is "Shalem."  Contact by phone or text only.  The phone is registered in Idaho.

And he's asking for more than 2X the typical resell price on his speakers for which he doesn't even know how to spell the name correctly?  "La Scala" can be easily read on the label he's posted.

Hmmm. 

Its actually the Justice Scalia special commemorative edition, that alone commands a premium...  B) 

• Like 1

Hmmm. 

I've heard Klipsch and many of the speaker models spelled and pronounced many different ways...this is just one more way lol

And you're right on the price. 

Hmmm. 

I don't have a problem with this ad.  First of all, he can ask what he wants.  He won't get it (maybe), but he can ask what he wants.  Secondly, just because a phone has an area code from another state means absolutely nothing these days.  I live in Indiana, and my phones have Washington State numbers.  People move and retain their cell numbers.  And lastly, since he has no reasonable idea of the "market value" of these speakers (which are pretty nice btw....), why would you expect him to know how to spell it?   :mellow:

• Like 1

You guys ^^^ are all correct of course.  Phone may not be a big deal, misspellings happen all the time.  I just saw a lot of little red flags.  To me, it just means check everything out, "buyer beware."

A lot:unsure:

• Like 1

La Scala is "the scale" in Italian.  The La Scalas I restored for the local high school are in a band practice room that has a La Scala (scale) poster on the wall.  The band director was unaware of the coincidence.  PWK named the speaker after La Scala Opera House in Milan, Italy.

post-6832-0-23640000-1469649477_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-12360000-1469649489.jpg

post-6832-0-49640000-1469649529_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1