New Klipsch!

tripod

WOOHOO! cwm4.gif

Maybe I should hold off buying the RF-7s now. Smile.gif

Where did you get this news?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Philips 36PW9525 (36" 16:9 Direct View)

A/V Receiver: (Still deciding)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

DAMN IT! cwm10.gif

I am going to hate it when there is something better out that I don't have.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Yes i Know!!!

And it gets better

My neighbor writes car reviews, she was sent to Nevada by Toyota to check out the lexus SUV. MarkLevinson sound systems are put in Lexus's now... She started chatting with this guy, talking about me, anyway, it turns out to be the CEO, yes CEO, of MarkLevinson Audio. He invited the two of us to the audio show in Minn.! I cleared it with my mom so I should be there. He said he would get us tickets also.

Waddaya think of that?! He also sent her a portfolio of all the marklevinson products and a letter addressed to me Smile.gif I am quite excited.

Can not wait! I am also going to CES 2003 hopefully. Can't wait for that either.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

<A HREF="mailto:justin@soundwise.org">Email Me</A>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 09-05-2002 at 12:59 PM

I signed up for the Klipsch news alert emails. Here's the full text.

INDIANAPOLIS (September 3, 2002) -- In response to customer and installer demand, Klipsch has introduced a complete THX® Ultra2 certified home theater speaker system. The typical system consists of three LCR front speakers (one with a flush front and two with mirror angle fronts), four WDST (Wide Dispersion Surround Technology)surround speakers, and a pair of 12-inch subwoofers driven by an external 1-kilowatt amplifier. Because the system is designed for optimal versatility, any combination of the sonically matched LCR speakers, whether angled or flush will deliver the desired performance,and the LCRs may be used as surrounds as well. Proprietary Klipsch Tractrix® Horn tweeters and Cerametallic woofers are used throughout to deliver the ultimate in power, detail, and emotional impact from compact, easy-to-install cabinets.

Kerry Geist, chief engineer for home products, describes the new system as "a big step up in performance" for this category. "Klipsch is a major supplier of professional stage and cinema loudspeakers. We knew that we could leverage our expertise in that sphere with our experience in home speakers to create real theater sound in customers' homes. At the same time, we wanted the system to be easy to install and set up in almost any room. No other speakers designed for custom installation offer such a combination of flexibility, reliability, and sound quality."

Each of the three front speakers has two 5.25-inch Cerametallic woofers and a 6- by 10-inch Tractrix Horn tweeter. The tweeter driver is the same 1.75-inch titanium-dome compression unit used in the top Klipsch professional and Reference Series home speakers. Designed specifically for use with horns, this compression driver provides high output capability with low distortion. The horn is responsible for the high efficiency Klipsch speakers are known for and also controls the directivity of the tweeter's output. Controlled directivity minimizes floor, wall, and ceiling reflections that can muddy the sound and impair imaging. Tractrix Horns enable the front speakers to meet THX® directivity specifications without the interference and lobing effects that plague the multiple-tweeter arrays commonly used for this purpose. The left and right front speakers are a mirror-image pair, with their tweeters on baffles angled slightly in toward the listening area for optimum high-frequency distribution; the center speaker has a flat baffle.

At the bottom end, rigid, lightweight Cerametallic cones and heavy magnets give the dual woofers high efficiency and output capability together with excellent immunity to breakup and distortion. The LCR speakers operate in a 2.5-way configuration, with one woofer working through the entire bass and midrange up to the tweeter crossover. The other woofer is crossed over much lower, so that it functions strictly as a bass driver. This arrangement provides high bass output capability without interference between the two drivers in the midrange.

The surround speakers use a pair of the same 5.25-Cerametallic woofers and dual 5-inch square Tractrix® Horn tweeters in a Wide Dispersion Surround Technology array. Each woofer/tweeter set is on an angled baffle facing opposite the other, with the tweeters on a diagonal to one another to minimize interference between their outputs. WDST delivers a unique combination of diffusion and coverage, yielding the benefits of both diffuse- and direct-radiating surround speakers with the drawbacks of neither. Listeners enjoy the deep, enveloping surround sound field characteristic of diffuse-radiating designs together with the precise localization of specific effects typically provided only by direct-radiating models. The tweeters employ a 1-inch version of the titanium-dome compression drivers used in the front speakers to assure precise tonal match all around.

To achieve the very high deep-bass output in large rooms that is required for THX Ultra2 certification, this system has two compact, high-performance subwoofers with 12-inch, long-throw Cerametallic drivers. These twin, decor-friendly subwoofers deliver the low-frequency capability of a single, much bulkier sub while greatly increasing placement flexibility. The subwoofers are driven by an external 1-kilowatt amplifier tailored to their characteristics for maximum undistorted output and reliability. The amplifier, which can be conveniently located near the rest of the installation's electronics, has a built-in, switchable low-pass crossover and a room-gain compensation switch.

All enclosures have the dado "lock-joint" and rabbet construction used in Klipsch professional speakers, ensuring cabinet integrity in suspended applications. Omni-Mount suspension points on the LCR and surround speakers facilitate wall or ceiling mounting using standard hardware. The surround speakers come in a textured black finish. The LCR speakers and subwoofers are available in that finish or a distinctive metallic silver gloss.

Klipsch Audio Technologies is a privately held global corporation with worldwide corporate headquarters in Indianapolis and manufacturing facilities in Hope, Arkansas. Klipsch makes and markets premium home, commercial, professional cinema and multimedia loudspeakers under the Klipsch brand name, and high-end amplifiers, preamplifiers, processors and other electronics under the Mondial Designs and Aragon brand names. Klipsch is the official loudspeaker brand of the Hard Rock Cafe and the only company in the world to have THX certification in four audio categories.

SOURCE: Klipsch Audio Technologies

CONTACT: Joshua Ryan Hall of Klipsch Audio Technologies, 317-860-8708 or

joshua.hall@klipsch.com

WEB SITE: www.klipsch.com

This message has been edited by tripod on 09-05-2002 at 01:49 PM

Happy birthday to me!!!

SWEET!!!

Hey, I might pickup a pair of the LR speakers for stereo!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Quoted from article:

Controlled directivity minimizes floor, wall, and ceiling reflections that can muddy the sound and impair imaging. Tractrix Horns enable the front speakers to meet THX® directivity specifications without the interference and lobing effects that plague the multiple-tweeter arrays commonly used for this purpose.

I love this statement, especially how the directivity minimizes reflections that muddy the sound and impair imaging! That pretty much flushes BO$e's "direct/reflect" theory right down the toilet!

I don't necessarily put alot of weight on THX certification, but it is an industry standard and if they even suggest minimizing reflections, where does that leave BO$e? You got it - right in the trash heap!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

Happy birthday to me!!!

SWEET!!!

Hey, I might pickup a pair of the LR speakers for stereo!

Made you a cake, enjoy

cake.jpg

you will have to share with tblasing... Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

<A HREF="mailto:justin@soundwise.org">Email Me</A>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 09-05-2002 at 10:07 PM

i wonder how much this stuff is gonna cost...

i wish klipsch were like computers Frown.gif

wait 5 years they drop thier price drastically.

imagine... khorns for 50 bux.

*sign*

ok sleep time... gonna dream about my future ht and my future wife.

night.

------------------

---------------------

I. Love. MUSIC!

JasN00b: Yep, I am a L33T computer geek, so I know where you are coming from!!!

I picked up a Kingston PC133 256 MB for my computer last week. I paid all of $15 for it. That would have been a solid $100 a year ago, even online (for decent stuff).

When I was building my computer a few years ago, I did it the WEEK DDR memory came out. The motherborad was the same price as the SDRAM MB, but a 256 MB DDR module was $350 on Pricewatch!!! Even a 128 MB stick was $250!!! Needless to say, I am running SDRAM! Well, 768 MB (256 X 3) of it Smile.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Sorry Steve, but the THX experiment by Lucas Films never really made it as an industry standard. It did help bring commercial theaters. Remember, THX is not a technology, but just an approach to having speaker manufacturers pay a royalty for "certification" to a very loose "standard."

Frankly, it is a joke... even Lucas Films recognized that and sold off 80% of its THX subsidiary to a marginal company from Singapore. Any benefit to the THX approach has been outmoded by 5.1 professional mixing in modern DVD's and has NO place in my HT.

However, that is not to say that the new Klipsch speakers are less than wonderful... after all, they are Klipsch. I suppose Klipsch could use the revenue.. after all, that THX baloney has sold a lot of home units. I hope the profits from selling the Singapore Sling (hype) will help Klipsch market the PWK Heritage speakers that are far better suited to excel in tomorrow's state-of-the-art Home Theater than any set of THX approved hype-speakers can be.

I would have liked to stay quiet for Klipsch sake... but I also have an obligation to my fellow Forum folk to tell it like it is... to the best of my ability. -HornED

PS: At least there is one factor of this new Klipsch HT configuration... it even harkens back to the concepts that PWK held... put a speaker in the center equal to your mains... and this new system does that. That's not a THX specification... that's a good choice by today's Klipsch! If adding two new Klipsch subs to the mix can reach the Dolby Reference Level for commercial theaters, I will doff my cap with glee.

And, of course, bouncing quality 5.1 sound around the rear array cutting the effect that direct radiating timbre matched speakers could bring... is not my idea of a good time. But, then again, maybe this new system is an attempt to beat Bose at their own game. Let's face it, the Bose Myth has sold more speakers than PWK's Truth. But that is no reason for us Klipsch Forum folk to abandon the Joy of Klipsch that we have known.

Please note that even the official description of this system is qualified as being "in this category." Don't rush out and sell your RF-7's m00n. -H.E.

------------------

Pic6.jpg

This message has been edited by HornEd on 09-05-2002 at 11:24 PM

Hey, aren't the woofers much smaller compared to the RF-7s??

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Not only are the woofers smaller... the THX concept is much smaller than that! Perhaps this is an HT system for the great unwashed (as per Ghandi)... but that's not who we Forum folk should be. Buying Klipsch makes sense... buying THX is a cruel joke that sends U.S. dollars to Singapore for faux tech... for that's who owns 80% of THX. -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 09-06-2002 at 12:26 AM

Does anyone know how much these speakers will cost? How about some pictures??

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Oh, and one more question. Do you think these new Klipsch speakers can "outperform" The Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers with Dual SVS CS-Ultra subwoofers?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

quote:

Originally posted by dndphishin:

"Oh, and one more question. Do you think these new Klipsch speakers can "outperform" The Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers with Dual SVS CS-Ultra subwoofers?"

If I were making any bets on this in Las Vegas, I would put my money on "NO".

So, I should buy the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers with Dual SVS CS-Ultras? Or should I wait for the new speakers? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

JasN00b: Yep, I am a L33T computer geek, so I know where you are coming from!!!

I picked up a Kingston PC133 256 MB for my computer last week. I paid all of $15 for it. That would have been a solid $100 a year ago, even online (for decent stuff).

When I was building my computer a few years ago, I did it the WEEK DDR memory came out. The motherborad was the same price as the SDRAM MB, but a 256 MB DDR module was $350 on Pricewatch!!! Even a 128 MB stick was $250!!! Needless to say, I am running SDRAM! Well, 768 MB (256 X 3) of it
Smile.gif

lol i know what you mean...

my neighbors gave me thier 4 year old gateways and other peecees they have lying around free...

i've still been to lazy to get up and install linux... when i get a router i'll have the motivation.

but right now my money is going towars saving up for a good klipsch system Smile.gif

------------------

---------------------

I. Love. MUSIC!