More Dell laptops for sale

avguytx

I'm going to have 3 to 5 Dell E6400 laptops up for sale soon (after the weekend hopefully).  These will be Windows 7 32-bit, 4gb memory and 160gb hard drives.  They will be set up with Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader XI, Java, MS Security Essentials and Open Office similar to the D630's from last year.  Kind of barebones, if you will, but ready to go.  They have Display Port (DP) video output plus VGA and will come with a charger, of course.   They may not be the prettiest girls at the dance but do do a mean boogie. :D These will run most likely run about $150 shipped but I need to see what the variance is from east coast to west coast before I say exactly.  First come, first served, of course.  :)

Please let me know if any questions.  I'll try to get some pictures over the weekend.

(edited 11.7.16 in regards to the video out)

• Like 1

I needed to come back and update this thread.  I was working on these 3 last night and apparently I had a brain cloud when I wrote that they have HDMI out.  They use Display Port (DP).  The connector looks similar at first glance.  I'm sorry for the misdirection.  If this changes your minds, I do understand.  Unless you're tying it into something that uses HDMI, it won't, though.  (like being used as a laptop)  But there are a DP to HDMI adapters that we use here for hooking up to some things when the need arises.

Again, I apologize for the error.

I've run into some medical issues with my mother again this morning and about to take her to the ER. I apologize in there being a slight delay in getting the first few out but will do so today if at all possible. Please keep my mother in your prayers.

On 11/7/2016 at 8:10 AM, avguytx said:

I needed to come back and update this thread.  I was working on these 3 last night and apparently I had a brain cloud when I wrote that they have HDMI out.  They use Display Port (DP).  The connector looks similar at first glance.  I'm sorry for the misdirection.  If this changes your minds, I do understand.  Unless you're tying it into something that uses HDMI, it won't, though.  (like being used as a laptop)  But there are a DP to HDMI adapters that we use here for hooking up to some things when the need arises.

Again, I apologize for the error.

It is no big deal to go from Displayport to HDMI for video... they have cables or adapters for the job.  Early Displayport versions did not pass through audio.  Does the E6400 Displayport pass audio?  My knowledge on that is a little dated.

Prayers for your mother!

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 9:15 AM, avguytx said:

I've run into some medical issues with my mother again this morning and about to take her to the ER. I apologize in there being a slight delay in getting the first few out but will do so today if at all possible. Please keep my mother in your prayers.

I hope your Mom is feeling better!