Adding mono blocks to AVR

YK Thom

I have a Marantz Sr5008 and have a pair of Marantz MA 700 mono blocks (used),on the way. What is the best (or correct way), to integrate these into the system for my front left and right? I hope to be able to continue as before with the system on for TV and movies (5.1) and in stereo for music. Will the AVR control the volume of everything? Do the speakers need to be hooked up to the blocks or to the AVR as they are now?

• Like 1

That's pretty straight forward, I am prone to over thinking. Are there recommended cables to go from the AVR to the blocks? And finally...when I rerun the Audessy, will it still recognize the front speakers as the front speakers?

This is probably simple stuff but I've never done it before.

Any decent RCA cable (decent doesn't mean expensive)
As long as the LF output of the AVR is connected to the LF speaker thru an amp the AVR just knows it is sending a signal to a channel, up to you to connect the correct speaker.

• Like 1

Everything will be the same with running Audysee.  The avr will adjust the voltage for the amp and set the level.  It's up to you on getting a third amp.  I have a 5 ch amp and only run the front and FH speakers off of it.  The avr powers the rest of the speakers.  Removing the front speakers from the avr takes a big load off the avr.

An update and twist.

According to the Canada Post tracking  system , my mono blocks were delivered. Except they weren't. I was able to download and print my delivery certificate; with a name and signature I have never heard of. Have been in contact with the PO and they have contacted the local office and are looking into what happened to this "delivery". 

1 hour ago, YK Thom said:

An update and twist.

According to the Canada Post tracking  system , my mono blocks were delivered. Except they weren't. I was able to download and print my delivery certificate; with a name and signature I have never heard of. Have been in contact with the PO and they have contacted the local office and are looking into what happened to this "delivery". 

Man that is a bummer.:(:angry2:  Amazing even in the Great White North there are those who have a sense of entitlement.  And I thought they were all in the US.

I hope it all works out for you.

Bill

• Like 1

FOUND!

You are not going to believe this...the parcel was in the bloody office. We rent the back of our building to another firm (bookkeeping), and had been sharing their receptionist for part days for a couple weeks as our former receptionist had left to take another job. It was she who signed for it, tucked it in behind her desk and failed to notify me. She ended up getting let go later that same afternoon and the box had been under her former desk since then. I never did know her name and therefore didn't recognize the receiving name. Our new hire (started today) came across it. The post office has been informed.

Amazing, you couldn't make this stuff up.