Forte or Forte II?

Wolfbane

16 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

I'm keeping my Belles. Looking for a smaller pair of speakers for a different residence. Speakers here need to be smaller and still sound good when not on carpet.

I see. Forte are somewhat big. But if they fit and thats what you want id go with the 2s. Better speaker top to bottom. Design on up. 

• Like 1

I've heard both and owned the Forte I with the Crites XO.  SQ is excellent with either speaker.  Get the one you like since they are close in price and SQ.  I think price wise, they both should be in the $4-600.00 range.  Get something that you don't have to work on or restore.  There are some nice  ones out there.

• Like 1

Good advise on keep both in play and jump on the best deal. I would take a minty for1 over a so so for2 in a heartbeat. With these imo finish is part of it for sure. And grills imo can kill looks. That fabric in those original first and even 2nd series (like corns or khorns)  is idk how to describe the lure of it. Its almost an addictiveness feeling. Great design choice. Sorry little off topic on the end :)

26 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

The Forte II's I found are $75 more than the Forte I's. They are also walnut.

I like them both as well but the II's do typically have a higher resale value if that means anything to you.

I spent a few hours one evening comparing the I's and II's and I thought they were very, very close but in the end the II's did come out ahead, even if ever so slightly and mainly in the mid range.