Klipschorn midrange driver upgrade A-55G

tblake10

Don't be overly sensitive Dave, you made a good point! I believe Diz was only commenting that your analogy about a 600 pound elephant refers to a very small elephant, not that your point was irrelevant (or ir-elephant)!  I agree with Mark, put it back. I want to know the answer. I have the midrange in question and don't know if I should admit it publicly or not!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I missed the other post. Put it back in!

I declared how sweet your posts are.  Everybody already knows that.  :wub:

I leave it to my fellow Klipschites to discuss my metaphoric elephant if they want.  B)

Let me throw something completely off the wall out there. The new G driver is suppose to be a significant improvement over previous Klipsch drivers. So the question I have is

What would happen if I pulled the K-55V drivers out of my Khorns and CWs and popped in K-60Ms? These came out of the KP-600 stacks and they all test out solid. Huge magnet, and since we all "live in the mids" wouldn't this be a major upgrade? Obviously there would need to be some adjustments to the crossovers (or maybe not)

What do the people say?

TY

Mark

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I declared how sweet your posts are.  Everybody already knows that.  :wub:

I leave it to my fellow Klipschites to discuss my metaphoric elephant if they want.  B)

You make me nervous. You were talking about me being oiled up one day. How far are you from Dalton Georgia, you sweet talking devil? That's Deliverance country for those of you who don't know

LOL

Mark

I'm less than an hour from Dalton, the "carpet capitol of the world". It's certainly not like the movie around here... maybe, uh, most of the time.

I used to live in the boonies in Wisconsin... not much different except they're cheese heads.

Bruce