Can I run bass transducers off of existing Subs Amp?

johnnydrama

Throwing around the idea of implementing transducers in my theater area. Was wondering if it was necessary to purchase an amp to dedicate to them or if I could run it off of the same amp that powers my sub. So LFE in, then run speaker wire off the High Level Out portion of the amp. 

image.jpg

Yeah, those things can be pretty power hungry. I was running 2 Buttkicker LFE's off 1000 and I think they were still a little underpowered. 

Pretty awesome experience for movies but I absolutely hated them for regular TV. I would just manually turn on the amp when I was ready for a movie, not a big deal. 

I think  you may have a misunderstanding of those connections

The High Level IN  is to connect to a receiver/amp main left and right high level speaker outputs when it does NOT have a separate LFE RCA out.

The High Level In is used to send a signal to the subwoofer amp.   The High level Outs just pass the signal thru or maybe even have a high pass. But definitely are NOT connected to the internal sub amp....

• Like 1

Then am I mis-understanding this video, is says to run an RCA cable from the receiver to the LFE in part of the amp (just as you would a Sub). Then use Speaker Wire out of the High Level Out portion of the amp to connect the bass shakers...

<a href='http://www.parts-express.com/Video.aspx?VideoID=2066'>How to Install and Set-Up a Bass Shaker. </a>

2 hours ago, johnnydrama said:

Then am I mis-understanding this video, is says to run an RCA cable from the receiver to the LFE in part of the amp (just as you would a Sub). Then use Speaker Wire out of the High Level Out portion of the amp to connect the bass shakers...

<a href='http://www.parts-express.com/Video.aspx?VideoID=2066'>How to Install and Set-Up a Bass Shaker. </a>

Think of a transducer just like a subwoofer. It needs a signal and then an amp has to power it. 

Either eay eithout eatching that video video I KNOW 100% that no power comes out of those high outputs. Those are for running speaker wire through a sub. For input purpose only from old receivers without lfe out. 

1 hour ago, jason str said:

They hook up just like any other subwoofer using the high level inputs and outputs, not the low level side.

32 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

Think of a transducer just like a subwoofer. It needs a signal and then an amp has to power it. 

Either eay eithout eatching that video video I KNOW 100% that no power comes out of those high outputs. Those are for running speaker wire through a sub. For input purpose only from old receivers without lfe out. 

Are these responses not contradicting each other?

Bottom line I'm wanting to run 4 transducers, and it states you can do so off of one plate amp. I need a wiring diagram apparently.

26 minutes ago, johnnydrama said:

Bottom line I'm wanting to run 4 transducers, and it states you can do so off of one plate amp. I need a wiring diagram apparently.

You can run them off a plate amp. But the plate amp needs to just be a plate amp FOR the shakers. Not one off a sub. Then you just run either high or low level signal to the plate amp wherever you decide to put it. Then on the other side of the plate amp where it has leads that would normally go to a woofer, those would hook to the transducers 

54 minutes ago, johnnydrama said:

You are trying to use the high level inputs to connect these correct ?