The Sr. Delgado (Forte III) a "Best of" CES by AVS

25 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

The Cornwall is a center to the Khorns. You could also use the La Scala or Belle.

True the Heresy and Cornwall were the first center speakers for the Heritage line but now they use different mid drivers and tweeters, don't really see how they could be timbre matched now in the current line up?

9 minutes ago, thisgsx said:

I understand that but a true center channel that is built and designed to be horizontal rather than utilitzing another full size tower from another heritage line. Running 3 full size towers up front just doesn't make for a waf.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

A true center should be the C in an LCR setup, with 3 matching speakers. A horizontal center is a set of compromises made for the home market where we must fit items into our home.

While I, too, have a horizontal center, the Heritage models do have a true center.

A true center should be the C in an LCR setup, with 3 matching speakers. A horizontal center is a set of compromises made for the home market where we must fit items into our home.

While I, too, have a horizontal center, the Heritage models do have a true center.

I agree with you completely and I can't speak for everbody but I refuse to run another heritage speaker for use as a center. For aesthic reasons.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, thisgsx said:

I'm sure the academy's do well with the fortes but I was referring to the klipschorn, la scala, belle, and cornwalls.

They get by, but far from an optimal match, once you hear a perfect match there is no other choice.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, thisgsx said:

For aesthic reasons.

Never had that problem, sound first aesthetic's second, according to the wife. I have no problem with it, not a big fan of long skinny looking speakers,  anyway it actually looks good. 

Never had that problem, sound first aesthetic's second, according to the wife. I have no problem with it, not a big fan of long skinny looking speakers,  anyway it actually looks good. 

I agree. I have a custom diy 15" ported sub setup that is the size of a coffee table and it looks good sitting right where the center would be. It looks perfect with my la scalas.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Srinath said:

Why ??? cos I only have 1 KLF10. LOL.

Sounds like a pretty good reason, 0 $ to try it out, no way to lose on that deal.

17 minutes ago, thisgsx said:

I agree. I have a custom diy 15" ported sub setup that is the size of a coffee table and it looks good sitting right where the center would be. It looks perfect with my la scalas.

If it looks good to you it's good. 

Considering all the speakers in our living room it should look worse, looks perfect to us. :o

6 fortes, one Spud clone sub and a pair or mwm/402 horns, just the right amount. :lol:

• Like 2