Anybody Need A Vintage Electro-Voice (EV) Model 848 HF PA Speaker Coxial Mid-Range

thebes

This came out of a Georgian.  I bought it several years ago along with the blueprints for a Georgian speaker.

Haven't tested it lately but I'll do it if someone is interested.  How about $100 plus shipping?

evhorn.jpg

• Like 1

You have 1 - not a pair ??? And Blueprints for Georgian ??? Man you're killing me

I have a centurion - this should fit and is one correct mid/high driver for that.

However as with all things electrovoice - mine was fitted with T35 and a separate mid horn and instead of the x336 it had a X8 and x36.

BTW a lot of my teammates @ work are in the reston area.

I'll have to think it over.

Cool.

Srinath.

Mine had an 823 (If I recall) which I have got in a separate lot, and I am going x8 and x36, cos x336's are impossible to find, and besides the cabinet has nice pre drilled holes for all these to fit back in.

I will pass. So close and so tempting, if you had a pair -

GLWTS sir.

Cool.

Srinath.

Hey Srinath.  I can understand completly. He had already sold the other one before I ran across him.  I bought the stuff mainly for the literature and the blueprint which I figured could add to collective audio resources of the Forum, plus serve as an experiment with my Cornwalls.

Oh, if your Reston buddies are into audio, I'll probably be moving out some stuff over the next few months, turntables, tube amps etc.  Gotta pay off what I spent on Nosvalves NBS preamp.

3 minutes ago, thebes said:

Hey Srinath.  I can understand completly. He had already sold the other one before I ran across him.  I bought the stuff mainly for the literature and the blueprint which I figured could add to collective audio resources of the Forum, plus serve as an experiment with my Cornwalls.

Oh, if your Reston buddies are into audio, I'll probably be moving out some stuff over the next few months, turntables, tube amps etc.  Gotta pay off what I spent on Nosvalves NBS preamp.

You dont happen to work for fannie mae do you ? Anyway these guys are co workers. I keep the insanity hidden from my co-workers unless I know they're nuts too. Then I lead them right down to the nut house.

My EV cents were sprayed over a 150 mile radius and a 3 yr period. I already had the T35's, but I buy the cents in eastern NC, the 823 in a local flea market and the woofers out of a commercial installation 100 miles away. I get the X8/36 set and att's and I'm home free, and I suspect atleast 1 XO with the top mounted att is sitting in a cab I have to carefully dismantle - BTW I am going to put pics of that EV - I hope I am not destroying something very unique and of serious value. Its a 4' wide X  3' tall X 16" deep with a triaxial on 1 side and a single 15 on the other.

Cool.

Srinath.

Cool.

Srinath.

LOL, the 6 or so speaker singles I have some for over 5 years should all been paired off by now.

I understand, whole speakers are different than components. But my EV cabinet is fully pre drilled for 823 and T35 I already have and the X8 and X36 combo. And a cent is shorter, gerogian is 55" tall if I recall, cent's are 48". Much of it is the bass bin but I am not sure the upper cab is even big enough.

Its OK, I will live. Don't need everything with EV written on it sitting around me.

Cool.

Srinath.

2 hours ago, Srinath said:

LOL, the 6 or so speaker singles I have some for over 5 years should all been paired off by now.

I understand, whole speakers are different than components. But my EV cabinet is fully pre drilled for 823 and T35 I already have and the X8 and X36 combo. And a cent is shorter, gerogian is 55" tall if I recall, cent's are 48". Much of it is the bass bin but I am not sure the upper cab is even big enough.

Its OK, I will live. Don't need everything with EV written on it sitting around me.

Cool.

Srinath.

Sorry to highjack Thebes thread, but if Srinath or Thebes, or anyone needs just about anything vintage EV, please PM me.  I have a friend not too far away that is an EV maniac and has tons of stuff.  Patrician's, Georgian's, parts, etc, etc.  I don't know what he is willing to part with , but I can always ask.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...